Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 06-21-2008, 06:27 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Some doctors, as well as nurses, can be jerks. I almost died because some nurses did NOT believe I had pneumonia. I kept begging them to call my doctor (I was in the hospital and had just been upgraded from ICU). She yelled at me, brought in another nurse and a floor doctor to yell at me because I was just having a panic attack and I did not have pneumonia!!! My in-laws were there for awhile and were begging me to listen to the nurses and take deep breaths. After everyone left, I turned blue and stopped breathing. The cause was a rare blood disease. I could not convenience the doctors in the new state I had moved to that I was sick and something was wrong with me. It wasn't until all my organs stopped working and I had no red blood cells and was unconscious that they believed something was wrong with me.

See? These professionals aren't always right. I think you should stand your ground and make them find out what is wrong with you. Even if the best can scenario is that this cyst or whatever it is, is just painful, they should at least removed it. The unknown is making you worry. They could put your mind at ease by checking into it.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Moderator's Note

I merged the 3 threads dealing with the same topic into one thread. This way all information on the same thing is kept together.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:17 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks, Barbzky. That is much better than having three separate ones.

Yeah on the sonogram it says its not a cyst but a solid mass. He called it a tumor. Well and said that its too small and that if it were really cancer it would've killed me by now but yet I get home and look up tumors smaller than mine that took up to 10 yrs to grow and were cancerous for some people. It has grown but at a slower rate.

I wish I hadn't brought my mother because she is convinced that he is right and I'm wrong and doesn't want to talk to me about it. I have no family support and that is what makes it worst for me. My sister living in Colorado agreed that what he did was wrong, and two friends but my mother is convinced that I am. She just wanted to hear him say it wasn't cancer and when he did, despite not x-raying, ultrasound, or biopsying the 'tumors', he felt it wasn't cancer and so that's all she wants to hear and believe.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Patrice, I hope you are able to find another doctor and get a second opinion. and benign or not, if it causes you pain then there is a problem and they need to help you solve it!
Old 06-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I agree with barb.I hope you can get a 2nd opinion.You shouldn't be having any kind of pain from this.
Mish
Old 06-23-2008, 02:27 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I'm going to meet with my doctor tomorrow. I'm not sure if this was his friend or not but we'll see what happens.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:47 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I got the details of my mammogram today. It says that it is benign calcifications. My doctor said that I would have to fight my insurance to get a second opinion or he could send me to someone else for an biopsy even though the mammogram stated that is benign.

I said, what about removing it. He said, "If you do there's a possiblity about losing feeling in my arm." He said, "You probably have to live with it". He said, "make your decision and come back later."

So, either way, I can't remove it but because of the mammogram saying its benign, I feel good about it. The doctor on Friday though, he did not make me feel good and I didn't trust him but the mammogram did.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Patrice, I'm glad you got more information and learned that what you have is definitely benign You must be so relieved. Sorry you had to go through that scare and that the doctor was not sympathetic to you. Will you be able to find a new doctor for the next time you need a medical checkup?

One of my college roommates used to get some kind of breast cysts that were aggravated by caffeine consumption. She said they were painful, but that they went away when she went "decaf" on all beverages.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:39 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Yes, I'm changing my primary doctors ASAP. Even the nurse told me to switch doctors and told me he had lost alot of patients. I can understand why.