Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 06-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I am so very sorry to hear that......let us know when the biopsies are....and then what the results are....Thinking of you and sending some VERY BIG HUGS your way

Hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 06-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I've been following your story and thinking about you. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 06-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Nine Year Member

So sorry to hear this. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 06-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks everyone! I appreciate it.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:23 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hey leasmom, sorry to hear you need the biopsy. Prayers for you and your family.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:11 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Yeah, whats weird is that no one is really talking to me. My sister and I talked about it probably for about 15 minutes and then we talked about other things for over an hour. My friend hasn't called me since I told her and my mom and I haven't discussed it past me telling her. As a matter of fact when I told her, she said, "Okay, we'll I'm leaving and I'll call you when I get back."

I mean I'm glad I'm not dwelling on it because as of right now though it is a greater possiblity it is still unknown. But it just seems weird to me that no one is either calling me or talking to me about it. Its like its a regular day...

I'm up Thursday morning at 6 a.m. thinking about it as well as other things but it just struck me as funny that no one but my sister has talked to me about it further than the first initial conversation. Weird!
Old 06-19-2008, 02:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lea some people find if they don't talk about it then it isn't real.....or they are unsure of how to talk with you about it. They may too want to ignore it until you've had the biopsy and get your results....they don't want to think of the the waht if's.........I hope you can find some one to chat with or at least right your feelings down...I am sure you have alot going on in your mind. Do you know Buddybeaniebaby on the boards at all??? She is a breast cancer survivor. She is going through treatments right now for anouther form of cancer but I am sure she would be a shoulder if you needed one to chat about your upcoming procedure.

You know all of us here have an open ear to listen

hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 06-19-2008, 04:41 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Its now 8:30 and I have done quite alot, from watering the garden, picking weeds, to feeding the chickens and putting them in a cage on the ground so they can eat weeds, to laying out an area-(just 2 X 4's) for our compost to cleaning up garbage, all with a degenerative arthritis spine...jeez.

But my mom called and asked me how I felt about meeting the doctor tomorrow and I told her, "mostly I'm fine but I'm a little worried". She told me not to worry that she prayed and everythings gonna be fine. She said I was there for her for the 10 months she was blind and now she'll be there for me. To thank God for everything he's provided for me.

So now, I'm sitting with my giantic Mother's Day cup that holds 12 plus cups of coffee and now that my morning Suburban Farm Duties are over, I am going to relax a bit and try not to think about tomorrow, if I can.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

UPDATE:UPDATE:

I just went to meet with the surgeon and I was NOT happy with what occured. I still no nothing and he won't do a biopsy! He just dismissed me basically. All he did was press on my breast asking me to tell him where I could feel it. I told him but he was pressing on other parts. He said he could feel it but because they were less than 1 cm he didn't want to operate. I said, "So, I still don't know what it is"...he started talking to my mother who had come for support instead of talking to me. I'm 33 yrs old. I started getting upset because I felt that I was being ignored.

He wrote in the report that it was 'a normal benign tumor'. I asked, how do you know its benign without doing further tests?" He said, well if it was malignant it would've killed me by now. I told him I was in alot of pain. He said that the pain wasn't from the lymph nodes...mind you I have had doctors giving me meds for infections before and it isn't an infection, and it went from being a pin prick to being three. I told him that and he got annoyed and again started talking to my mother saying if I didn't like it she could take me to someone else, as if I were twelve.

He said, "Sorry you don't like what I'm saying to you."

My mother was happy because he said it wasn't cancer. I told her he didn't do a thorough investigation. My doctor sent me to him to have it biopsied so that we could KNOW what is is not guess. She got upset with me saying I was missing the point, he said it wasn't cancer. I said, "How does he know? He didn't do anything different than my primary doctor did. So, I'm in the same predicament and I'm afraid that my insurance won't pay for another test with him saying it was a 'normal benign tumor'.

I called my doctor and left a message that this doctor didn't do a thorough exam and that I thought he was going to biopsy it. My doctor will see it tomorrow. Hopefully he will send me to someone else or else it is just the same thing, I'm still in pain and I still have three masses that I don't know what it is.

Here is an article that shows that he ignored me very well...http://www.imaginis.com/breasthealth...news8.1.00.asp

Last edited by leasmom; 06-20-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:25 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Update:update:

I just went to meet with the surgeon and I was NOT happy with what occured. I still no nothing and he won't do a biopsy! He just dismissed me basically. All he did was press on my breast asking me to tell him where I could feel it. I told him but he was pressing on other parts. He said he could feel it but because they were less than 1 cm he didn't want to operate. I said, "So, I still don't know what it is"...he started talking to my mother who had come for support instead of talking to me. I'm 33 yrs old. I started getting upset because I felt that I was being ignored.

He wrote in the report that it was 'a normal benign tumor'. I asked, how do you know its benign without doing further tests?" He said, well if it was malignant it would've killed me by now. I told him I was in alot of pain. He said that the pain wasn't from the lymph nodes...mind you I have had doctors giving me meds for infections before and it isn't an infection, and it went from being a pin prick to being three. I told him that and he got annoyed and again started talking to my mother saying if I didn't like it she could take me to someone else, as if I were twelve.

He said, "Sorry you don't like what I'm saying to you."

My mother was happy because he said it wasn't cancer. I told her he didn't do a thorough investigation. My doctor sent me to him to have it biopsied so that we could KNOW what is is not guess. She got upset with me saying I was missing the point, he said it wasn't cancer. I said, "How does he know? He didn't do anything different than my primary doctor did. So, I'm in the same predicament and I'm afraid that my insurance won't pay for another test with him saying it was a 'normal benign tumor'.

I called my doctor and left a message that this doctor didn't do a thorough exam and that I thought he was going to biopsy it. My doctor will see it today. Hopefully he will send me to someone else or else it is just the same thing, I'm still in pain and I still have three masses that I don't know what it is.

Here is an article that shows that he ignored me very well...http://www.imaginis.com/breasthealth...news8.1.00.asp