Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 06-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

It is unfortunately, lower than than hair area. I hope its something simple too, I'm only 33 and I want to be here a little longer. I know I've been taking the meds for just a few days but so far I haven't seen or felt a difference, I'm still in pain. I hope before the 9th that it all goes away...
Old 06-04-2008, 04:32 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I am in pain today and yesterday especially to the point I couldn't think of anything else...its the constant pain, not the fact that it is really painful but that it is constant and doesn't go away.

I went to Lea's talent show performance-(she did wonderfully)-last night and they said that a $1 of the proceeds were going to relay for life and that they're having a walk on Saturday/Sunday. I think we're gonna attend...but when they said that, I saw my mother keeping herself from looking at me. I just want it removed. I've had pain there nearly everyday since 2002, I get tired of it...
Old 06-04-2008, 04:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Patrice, What danstigerangel is talking about "Caffeine related". Is that sometimes if you drink too much coffee it can cause sists(sp) under your arm.

I know that if I drink too much coffee sometimes it happens to me.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:48 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Yes, I do drink alot of coffee. I am still trying to look up things about it as well as other things.

I keep looking up signs and symptoms of cyst vs. cancer and they really isn't anything like what I have...the cancer symptoms have some symptoms like me but not all. I can't find anything on the cyst symptoms. If I touch the lump I feel like I'm gonna faint, and I feel sick for a long time afterwards. Like last night I poked at the area trying to determine how small/large it was and I've been feeling 'sick' since. My underarm area is swollen up and I just feel sickly.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I seem to remember that it was worse when it was my time of the month and then I would back off the coffee except for 2 cups in the AM.

I had a hysterectomy about 10 yrs ago so now it doesn't bother me as much.

It could be a hormonal thing.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

yeah, this is whether its around periods or not. I haven't had a period since January, my mother had early menopause and apparently so am I. But, I have had this since 2002. It went from a very tiny but annoying pain to being large enough to take over most of my underarm area and being three lumps...whatever it is, its grown.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

UPDATE: Had my mammogram today

I had the mammogram and the only thing I know is what she told me. I asked her if the lumps were seen on the mammogram and she said yes she could see it. It looks like its in the lymph node area and that is didn't look like a distinct mass. So, I'm still at the point of there's lump and no one knows what it is. I'll be getting a letter in a few days and will have to go back to the doctor to see what step we're going to take.

I also found out that I have degenerative arthritis in my back plus the gout in my hands so I'm now on arthritis meds. The more I am trying to eat healthier it seems like the more my body is breaking down-lol.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

UPDATE: Had my mammogram today

I had the mammogram and the only thing I know is what she told me. I asked her if the lumps were seen on the mammogram and she said yes she could see it. It looks like its in the lymph node area and that is didn't look like a distinct mass. So, I'm still at the point of there's lump and no one knows what it is. I'll be getting a letter in a few days and will have to go back to the doctor to see what step we're going to take.

I also found out that I have degenerative arthritis in my back plus the gout in my hands so I'm now on arthritis meds. The more I am trying to eat healthier it seems like the more my body is breaking down-lol.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lea how are things now......hope all is okay....I know what you man about the body falling apart LOL

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 06-17-2008, 09:46 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Well, I got the mammogram results today. I just came back. It says that I have three papable solid masses that aren't cysts or adnormal calcifications. So, I have to have a biopsy. I meet with the surgeon this Friday and then they'll schedule the biopsy in the hospital hopefully sooner than later.