Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 10-29-2006, 04:38 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Today wasn't a good day was in a lot of pain so I had to take some medicine for it (twice) I hardly ever take pain medicine but today was bad...not sure why it is worse this week...my sister asked me if I thought I was getting sick again I told her probably but I hope and pray it isn't as bad this time as it was in April. I'll just have to start taking it alittle easier. Well have a good night.
love,
Rosey
Old 10-29-2006, 05:06 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I can't remember which site I read this but it said that Sun Style TaiChi is very good for fibro, arthitis, and other bone and joint related ailments.
It uses the same concept but there is less bending.
I'll try and find it.
Lisa

Old 10-30-2006, 04:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Rosey, so sorry yesterday was a painful day for you...but glad you have meds to take on days like that...

For some reason, pain meds do not work for me...they never touch the pain, and usually upset my stomach..how I hate to throw up! lol

On my bad pain days, I plug into the heating pad, and try to take my mind off of the pain..to me living with fibro is like living with a constant toothache..always there..

Lisa, I do yoga stretching before I even get out of bed in the morning...I think of it as a way to get my muscles warmed up before starting to move them..I also lean up against walls and press my back into them..to release some of the pressure spots...and stretch my legs. Hope you can find the info on the Sun Style TaiChi ...might be an answer!

janet
Old 10-30-2006, 06:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Subject: Simple Exercise

I am passing this on to my friends.? Anyone can? benefit from this information.? If you don't have a gym membership, try this.

I came across this exercise suggested to build muscle strength in the arms and shoulders. ? It seems so easy, so I thought I'd pass it on.? The article suggested doing it three days a week.

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side.? With a 5-LB. potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides, and hold them there as long as you can.? Try to reach a full minute, then relax.? Each day, you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer.

After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-LB. potato sacks.
? Then 50-LB.? potato sacks, and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-LB. potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.

Once you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks.

? GOTCHA!!!
Old 10-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thanks for the tip.
the only problem is I can't even lift 1lb of anything like that.
I have a hard time trying to pour milk from the jug.

Old 10-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

mammajigglypuff,

My previous post was a joke...sorry if you think it wasn't.

Read the last sentence.

janet
Old 10-30-2006, 05:33 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I figured it was.

Old 10-30-2006, 06:31 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi -
Just found this thread. I have been diagnosed with fibro since 1990. Mine was traced to a serious toxin reaction to anibiotics I was taking for continuing infections.

I also have osteo arthrytis, asthma & lots of allergies.

This fall has been bad which it often is with weather changes and when I get stressed & am sleeping poorly.

Besides trying to respect the fact I need to just deal with it and plan as much as I can accordingly, I find my little ricebags heated in the microwave help. Prescription drugs have not really helped that much & just make me dopey. I take Alleve which may or may not work. I have had surgery on my left knee and have arthrytis in both so walking is a challenge anyway & I use a cane.

I guess my biggest problem (besides the pain) is the frustration I still have of giving up doing things I want to do because I am just too fatigued to do it.

I try to have something to look forward to doing that I can do. I find that I get depressed without that.

Thanks for this thread & a chance to vent.

Bless you all - Pippe
Old 10-31-2006, 06:05 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Happy face

Welcome Pippe,
I know how you feel.
Tonight was our annual Halloween "Thrill Hill" at Church.
I used to be able stay the whole time, but tonight I was fighting a migrain and I was in so much pain I only stayed an hour and half.
I had an ultr-sound done today and I swear the technition hit every sore spot between my right rib and hip.
I was almost in tears it hurt so much.
Lisa

Old 11-01-2006, 02:02 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

yesterday was a good day for me but I did cut trick-or-treating short because my legs bothered me. So far this morning I was able to get out of bed without much pain!!!! Pippe welcome and I know and understand about not being able to do what you used to do...I think that's the hardest part of this for me because I always was so active and now it's like you have to pick and choose which things you are gonna do. I went back to work in June and I'm just thankful I can do that even thought it's not as much as I was working but I'm glad I can do it at all. I guess the key to this is take it one day at a time huh???
love,
Rosey