Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 08-20-2006, 06:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Welcome Wilmalee, so sorry you have this dreaded disease also..especially since there is not cure, and maybe some hit & miss medicines to help a bit...

Have you found anything to help you with your overlapping ailments?

I cannot take alot of medicines either, due to chemicals I am sensitive too.. so I am always looking for natural ways to help me.

Does anyone have pain in your feet, & ankles? I have tried so many things for treatment and nothing does the trick..I even got the expensive innersoles..and they make my feet hurt more! lol

Hugs, Janet
Old 10-03-2006, 07:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

How is everyone's pain level this Fall? Does the temperature changes, or humidity cause you to ache more?

I had to drag out my heating pad..for when pain attacks my shoulder..all I can do is use heat to soothe the stiffness.

I absolutely hate the smell of Ben-gay, and products like that..and the scentless ones never seem to be in stores.

Does anyone have any tips they can share?

janet
Old 10-05-2006, 01:35 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

It's still in the 80's here and no rain in weeks.
However I am in so much pain I can barely stand it.
I am forcing myself to walk so I don't get bed ridden.

Oh well what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Old 10-05-2006, 04:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I have the same thought...keep moving, even if it kills you...I hurt if I am sitting or moving...so I do my work in spurts.

My heating pad really helps me..the same as hot showers and if I can sleep that helps too.

Today, is a headache day, so I call it a lost day..just trying to do what I can.

I know tomorrow has to be a better day!

janet
Old 10-05-2006, 10:28 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Every day I get out of bed is a better day.

Old 10-06-2006, 06:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Well, I am having a great day...I am out of bed and on my way to run errands.

While I am out..I am going to pick up a box of Salonpas patches...this are little minty patches of rub..that I can stink on my sore spots.. the smell is not overwhelming.

It is found near the other muscle rubs, in a bright green box..and sells for about $3.44 at Walmart?

Today, I have a deltoid muscle that wants to make me scream..so I am hoping a patch will settle it down..cant stick my elbow out today. lol

Some days I have to get very creative with my body and doing things...all I can do it laugh..for laughter is better for you!

Hugs, Janet
Old 10-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Excessive Painkillers Warning*

Millions of people taking common painkillers may be increasing their risk of heart attack or stroke. Long-term use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, or NSAIDS, such as ibuprofen may be associated with a small risk of arterial thrombotic events, such as heart attack or stroke.

The Commission on Human Medicines suggests doctors should prescribe the lowest effective dose for the shortest time necessary, and have requested that manufacturers update their information on the side-effects to include vascular events. [NEWS INFERNO]
Old 10-28-2006, 11:08 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Janet I don't have fibromyaligia but have chronic fatigue syndrome I was diagnosed in April of this year...spent about 2 months in bed but right now I'm able to do most things but today is a painful day...my knees are killing me. For me I'm thankful that I can still work but when I come home at night my body kills me...I try not to think about how much I hurt when I'm at work just so you can get thru the day. I don't sleep good probably about 2 hours at a time and then your awake. I think the weather has something to with how much pain your in. The doc put me on a vitiman and an anti-depression med. so far it seems to help some. I try not to take anything for pain but sometimes you have to. I found a book that I'm reading now about the disease it is really informative. It's by Fred Friedberg, Ph.D. If I over do it then I pay so I try to know my limits. Like now I know I can't work at my 1st job (pharmacy tech) and then wait tables that night. That set me back a full 24 hours I spent the whole day on the couch. I just have a hard time knowing my limits when your used to doing everything and then you have to stop it's hard. I hope I'm making sense here lol. Well gotta check some other threads so have a good day.
love,
Rosey
Old 10-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Sorry for the back to back but the book I'm reading states both FM and CFS has most of the same symptoms. That it's hard to tell them apart.
love,
Rosey
Old 10-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Rosey, I too have Chronic Fatigue with my Fibromyalgia and sleep is the about the same as you...I am lucky to get enough sleep for I am so uncomfortable..I toss and turn most nights.

I too have to limit what I can do each day, and with fibro..it moves around your body..it can be a shoulder for a day , month, years, then the next time it can be a knee, or your feet, or elbow??

I wish they would do more research on this disease.

Glad you are finding some relief..I tried alot of antidepressants and the side effects caused me other problems...I have overlapping diseases going on..and I keep my 2 doctors in business. lol

Hope you have a better day tomorrow!

Hugs, Janet