Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-17-2004, 03:27 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family through this difficult time. It sometimes will seem overwhelming but you will find you have an inner strength that you never knew you had. I found that out. I had just retired at the age of 47 when my husband was diagnosed with t-cell lymphoma (non-hodkins) and passed away 5 years ago today (Oct. 17) less than six months after he was diagnosed.

Don't be afraid to cry when you need to. And definitely ask for help when it gets tough for you. There are people around who want to help but sometimes don't know how to approach you so go ask when you need to. And spend as much time as you can together.

Remember, you are not alone in this (though sometimes it may seem like it). Between those you know personally and those on this board (my first time posting) you will get through it.

Again, my prayers are with you.

LI Roe
Old 10-17-2004, 04:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

LI Roe,

My thoughts are with you today. Welcome to Family Corner. Sometimes the healing comes from being there for someone else..

I'm also a NY'er ( Rockalnd County ...and I'm a Mothers' Center alumna... does that mean anything to you ..being from N. Massapequa??)..

In any event.. Hello, Welcome, and I just needed to say thank you for posting today.

Val
Old 10-17-2004, 06:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

My momwas diagnosed with non-Hodgkins Lymphoma in 1999. She has been cancer free now for 5 years. It has been a difficult time for all of the family but my mom has always been the one who never lost hope and never lost her spirit! My prayers to you and your family. I'm glad there is a place like FC where you can come and get unconditional support !
Old 10-17-2004, 06:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thak you ladies for all your thoughts and prayers and know you are in mine!!
Old 10-19-2004, 05:04 PM
Friend of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Newbie

I know what your going thru. I was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in June. The chemo is really ruff. It affects me differenent
every time. I usually end up sick. Iv'e been in the ER 2 and the hospital for 3 days all from dehydration. You have to stay positive
and pray a lot. and a support group really helps. I'm closer to my daughter than I've ever been.

Keep your chin up, but cry if you have too and pray alot.
Old 10-19-2004, 06:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

ask323..I hadn't seen you around in a while.. I had no idea what you have been going through...

I'm so sorry to hear it.

Keep your chin up, and know that your friends at FC are here if you need a place to vent too..
Old 11-09-2004, 10:15 AM
Friend of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thank you Lifestar! I have dropped in from time to time, but I'm
just so tired all the time and the chemo has made me really sick.
I vomited every day for 2 weeks after the last chemo.

I still drop in and read the What's for dinner thread and read it
and some others too.

Sue
Old 11-09-2004, 10:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

AkA 232, My thoughts and prayers are with you.... hugs kim
Old 11-22-2004, 06:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi Kim,

I can only echo what the others have said in that you need to keep the postive attitude, knowing you and your DH will have good and bad days. Also that any of us here are willing to give an ear anytime you need to vent. There are also many groups in the community that will lend a hand if needed.

My Dad died of stage 4 lung cancer 6 years ago. He was fighting it but got a blood clot during the radiation 1 month after he was diagnosed. My stepFIL has just been diagnosed and unfortunately he does not want to fight it.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~