Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 08-04-2014, 02:24 AM
Nine Year Member

So sorry Sueanne. I am keeping him in my prayers.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 08-04-2014, 05:02 AM
Nine Year Member

Cancer is so long and drawn out and the fight is always there, even when gone the vigilance must be kept up.

So glad you got hubby's head checked out and are attending to it faithfully Sueanne!

Praying for endurance for you Bernice, your husband, and your ds. Cancer will take a back seat for you at some point, and life will resume with many more enjoyable days ahead.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 08-12-2014, 05:05 PM
Nine Year Member

[QUOTE=Sueanne;1153109]
The doctor took a biopsy last week. She called back and said it is squamous cell carcinoma which is cancer of the top layer of skin.

Sueanne, don't wait too long. This is the same cancer my DH has. It started on his scalp and I'm telling you, when they did the biopsy the thing went NUTS! Within a week it tripled in size and the smell was awful. Time we got scheduled in with the surgeon, DH was embarrassed about being around people in general.

We thought we beat it after the radiation, DH finished just before Christmas. In February, he had lymph nodes come up the skin cancer had mastized (SP) down to his neck. Same type of cancer. The Oncologist said this was rare to do this, but it happens.

DH finished chemo and radiation a couple of weeks ago. He is still sick and his throat hurts and he doesn't eat more than a picky toddler.

Yes, I get VERY frustrated, angry and scared. The cancer affects the whole family. DH is tired, but I am too. DS is also tired. Prayer and walks help me get through and writing this thread. Keep the faith and I pray that you caught this cancer earlier than we did and your husband breezes through this.

Your in my prayers.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:32 AM
Nine Year Member

We are now at 3 yrs out from DH's Prostate cancer with blood work & check ups every 3 months previously. Now only have to go for blood work and check ups every 6 months for the next 2 yrs then yearly.

Scary to find out the symptoms you thought were normal for just getting older (having to go to the bathroom more often & during the night, having difficulty with erections, etc.) is the symptoms of cancer.

If your DH's don't know their PSA number have them talk with their doctor about getting the blood test. There is debate now on what is "normal" numbers but with a man 50 his PSA should be under 3.

Roberta
Old 08-13-2014, 04:23 PM
Nine Year Member

The one thing I forgot to mention, was Blood Clots. They didn't tell us that sometimes the Chemo can cause them. DH's pulimary embolism (SP) was from that. I came very close to losing DH.

I will ask him about PSA when he gets up in an hour.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:08 PM
Nine Year Member

Nervous about tomorrow. So far everything looks good healed with no pain or problems. Hopefully the doctor can finish up what she started now that is clean. Head is washed hair is trimmed especially on scalp so bandages are easier to come off.
Dh is up in age so takes his last years as they come without anything major.
Once you get to a certain age they don't even do PSA tests any more since the outcome would be to tough to handle to live a few extra years. Pray that everything goes well for him tomorrow.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:58 AM
Nine Year Member

Dh Home From Surgery!

Dh had the final surgery on his squamous cell on his head. They did not let me in the room this time, guess there was more details to see. He was not physically nervous but could tell when he left his sun glasses on when he left the waiting room he was. When the nurse came out to tell me he was alright I did jump up expecting bad news. She said he was alright talking a blue streak about his life & me. I said is it over? They were just getting ready to burn it off instead of stitches. Have to leave the bandage on until tomorrow than follow up with half peroxide & water cleaning twice a day and put bacitracin & clean bandage. Can put ice for swelling and Tylenol for pain. So far no noticeable bleeding or pain. Go back in two weeks to check the healing process than in six months. Hopefully we caught it in time before it spread somewhere else.
_________
Sueanne

Old 08-15-2014, 04:37 PM
Nine Year Member

Sueanne, I so happy that your husband surgery went well. Praise the Lord! When you go back in two weeks, they will have the biopsy margins back from testing and they should say whether or not, they want him to do radiation and or chemo. Sounds like he will breeze through. I am so glad you all caught this early!

DH is struggling with eating, I told him today I am looking forward to have him back in every way. I miss my big strong husband. This recovery is taking so long, it is a chore for him to walk from the bedroom to family room.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:09 PM
Nine Year Member

When we went the first time two weeks ago she did extra slicing to get results. We go back in two weeks to see how it healed then in six months. I do want a full body checkup whether they do it then or another time it is according how much time they have. He has no pain or swelling so I guess it was not that deep. They said no further treatments.
________
Sueanne
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2014, 04:50 PM
Nine Year Member

So far after a week the skin is coming back where she burned it off. It usually takes two weeks to heal complete.
Do it twice a day with the peroxide mixture then antibiotic cream followed by a bandage to keep it protected. So far no pain or itching.
_______
Sueanne