Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

View Poll Results: What types of treats do you hand out for Trick or Treating?
chocolate 20 58.82%
lollipops 9 26.47%
hard candies 10 29.41%
gum 5 14.71%
popcorn balls 0 0%
coins 3 8.82%
coupons for Mc D's, Burger King, Wendy's, videos..etc 4 11.76%
stickers, pencils, spider rings...etc. 7 20.59%
drinks--huggies, juice boxes, mini cans of soda..etc 3 8.82%
something else--please share! 7 20.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2008, 06:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
What types of treats do you hand out for Trick or Treating?

Do you remember running home and dumping your bag of goodies onto the table to search through your loot to find the best treats so that no one else would find them?

I remember keeping mental notes of who-gave-what to us and whether or not they were "cool" for doing so afterwards. Those who gave out the "big" candy bars ranked really high over those who gave out popcorn balls.

Now that we're adults, do you think about things like this when you are making your choices for what you will be giving out? What do you usually give out? (multiple choice poll!)

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 10-15-2008, 07:08 PM

Chocolate bars. Usually the small ones along with tootsie rolls.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-15-2008, 08:49 PM

Happy face

We don't get trick or treaters here so I don't hand out anything. We're in a 55+ community & the kids don't come here. I miss seeing the little ones dressed up.. they are so cute. I used to hand out a mixture of everything, gum, suckers, chocolate mini bars taffy,etc.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Something else here...we hand out the small bags of chips....that way if there is any leftovers my kids can have them.

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 10-16-2008, 05:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Here as it is so rural and few if any Trick-or-Treaters we hand out small bags of microwave popcorn (unpopped). My Grandchildren love getting it.

Unknown
Old 10-16-2008, 05:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

We have between 65 and 90 trick-or-treaters each year.

I buy small bags of pretzels (great for lunchboxes and the kids always seem happy to get them--everyone likes pretzels!) and also bags of small candy bars. Of course I get candy that my kids and I like, JUST IN CASE there are leftovers

My kids lay out beach towels on the floor after trick-or-treat and sort their candy to trade. I always put a little basket nearby so they can share with me Nobody else in this house likes Whoppers, so those are all mine!! And it was great before they learned how tasty Milky Ways are...but now they all like those too. Luckily Luke thinks it's cool to give me some of my favorite candy without me having to ask.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

We are giving out a box of Cracker Jacks, Peanut Butter cup and a can of Mountain Dew.

We usually only get a couple of trick or treaters, and I figured if they walk this far for our home..make it worth there while.

Hugs, Janet

Now the trick is to keep my guys out of the treats! hee hee.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:27 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

This year I live in the neighborhood that EVERYONE in town brings their kids trick or treating too. So, I made sure I got the "good stuff". Mini candy bars: Milky Way, Reeses PB Cups, Baby Ruth, M&Ms, etc etc. Because we get so many kids here, I've been stocking up each week buying three bags at a time. The bags aren't very big so I made sure I got several. i think i'll grab a few more before the big day to be safe. I had to hide them from my husband, he's a candy monster LOL!

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 10-17-2008, 08:29 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

We used to live in a small development, so we had a bonfire and roasted hotdogs and had all the trimmings (since we all knew each other) this was appreciated. As the mom's/dad's would not have to worry about supper for their kids and they also got treats. We had a ball doing this, and miss it now that moved to a more rural location.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

We hand out chocolate (snack size), plastic spider rings / dinasaures and suckers to the little children. If they're as tall as me, they get hard candy and suckers.
We also sponsor a Trunk. Out Church has what is called "Trick or Treat a Trunk" . Anyone who wishes to come just comes and parks in the parking lot, opens their trunk and hands out candy to children who come and trick or treat. We do have security and its well monitored (and lit). Last year all the parking sopts were filled! The kids sure made a haul and had so much fun.... safe fun!

Vivian