FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Halloween Parties (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/halloween-parties/)
-   -   What types of treats do you hand out for Trick or Treating? (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/halloween-parties/24074-what-types-treats-do-you-hand-out-trick-treating.html)

ajrsmom 10-15-2008 07:33 PM

What types of treats do you hand out for Trick or Treating?

Do you remember running home and dumping your bag of goodies onto the table to search through your loot to find the best treats so that no one else would find them? ;) ;)

I remember keeping mental notes of who-gave-what to us and whether or not they were "cool" for doing so afterwards. :lmaoa: Those who gave out the "big" candy bars ranked really high over those who gave out popcorn balls. :hahaha:

Now that we're adults, do you think about things like this when you are making your choices for what you will be giving out? What do you usually give out? (multiple choice poll!)

seleach 10-15-2008 08:08 PM

Chocolate bars. Usually the small ones along with tootsie rolls.

Minny 10-15-2008 09:49 PM

We don't get trick or treaters here so I don't hand out anything. We're in a 55+ community & the kids don't come here. I miss seeing the little ones dressed up.. they are so cute. I used to hand out a mixture of everything, gum, suckers, chocolate mini bars taffy,etc.

debknechtel 10-16-2008 06:17 AM

Something else here...we hand out the small bags of chips....that way if there is any leftovers my kids can have them.

Hugs Debbie

CHADSMOM 10-16-2008 06:41 AM

Here as it is so rural and few if any Trick-or-Treaters we hand out small bags of microwave popcorn (unpopped). My Grandchildren love getting it.

barbszy 10-16-2008 06:52 AM

We have between 65 and 90 trick-or-treaters each year.

I buy small bags of pretzels (great for lunchboxes and the kids always seem happy to get them--everyone likes pretzels!) and also bags of small candy bars. Of course I get candy that my kids and I like, JUST IN CASE there are leftovers :choc:

My kids lay out beach towels on the floor after trick-or-treat and sort their candy to trade. I always put a little basket nearby so they can share with me :smilll: Nobody else in this house likes Whoppers, so those are all mine!! And it was great before they learned how tasty Milky Ways are...but now they all like those too. Luckily Luke thinks it's cool to give me some of my favorite candy without me having to ask.

janet 10-16-2008 09:10 AM

We are giving out a box of Cracker Jacks, Peanut Butter cup and a can of Mountain Dew.

We usually only get a couple of trick or treaters, and I figured if they walk this far for our home..make it worth there while.

Hugs, Janet:javac:

Now the trick is to keep my guys out of the treats! hee hee.

Amanda 10-17-2008 04:27 AM

This year I live in the neighborhood that EVERYONE in town brings their kids trick or treating too. So, I made sure I got the "good stuff". Mini candy bars: Milky Way, Reeses PB Cups, Baby Ruth, M&Ms, etc etc. Because we get so many kids here, I've been stocking up each week buying three bags at a time. The bags aren't very big so I made sure I got several. i think i'll grab a few more before the big day to be safe. I had to hide them from my husband, he's a candy monster LOL!

Deidra 10-17-2008 09:29 AM

We used to live in a small development, so we had a bonfire and roasted hotdogs and had all the trimmings (since we all knew each other) this was appreciated. As the mom's/dad's would not have to worry about supper for their kids and they also got treats. We had a ball doing this, and miss it now that moved to a more rural location.

Vrsherren 10-17-2008 11:13 AM

:hallcat: :bgrin: We hand out chocolate (snack size), plastic spider rings / dinasaures and suckers to the little children. If they're as tall as me, they get hard candy and suckers.
We also sponsor a Trunk. Out Church has what is called "Trick or Treat a Trunk" . Anyone who wishes to come just comes and parks in the parking lot, opens their trunk and hands out candy to children who come and trick or treat. We do have security and its well monitored (and lit). Last year all the parking sopts were filled! The kids sure made a haul and had so much fun.... safe fun!

Vivian:ghost2: