Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Holidays & Occasions > Holidays > Halloween > Halloween Parties

Old 09-28-2005, 04:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Halloween Party Games

We are having a birthday party for me on Halloween weekend and we need some Halloween themed games to play with a wide range of ages (9 1/2, 11, 16, 17 plus adults). We did an apple on a string, in place of bobbing for apples, one year. We'll probably do that this year too. We need more games. Ones that the adults (in lousy shape) can do. Any ideas guys?

Missing my Mom...1/15/07 ~ 1/15/16
Nine years without my best friend

•*¨*•.ƸӜƷ•*¨*•
Old 09-30-2005, 09:35 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I don't celebrate Halloween, but I think I might have a few ideas for you. You could play pin-the-whatever-on the-something Halloween type game. For example, you could use poster board to make a large Jack-o-lantern. Make sure it has its eyes and mouth. Put tape on the back on noses and have your player pin the nose on the Jack-o-lantern. Also, blow up some balloons--orange and black--and set up chairs in a row. Set it up so that the players can run from one end to the other, where the chairs are and sit on their balloons until they bust them. The first team who busts all their balloons wins. You can make a Jack-o-lantern pinata my blowing up a large oval shaped balloon. Paper mache it with a small hole on top to fill it with candy and stuff. After it dries, you can pop the balloon and paint it orange with a face. Use green paper to make a stem and cover the hole after you fill it with candy.

Are you planning on having a meal? You could also get some plain white cake boxes from a bakery. One for each guest or couple. Have them decorate their boxes. This, of course, is for a box dinner. They will bring their decorated boxes with their sandwiches, cold fried chicken, or whatever their imagination desires to eat for dinner. Then, have the host of the party such as the birthday person or even a special envited guest that you will make a meal for, be the judge. Give out a prize for the best decorated box.

I hope these ideas help or at least motivate you to develop some of your own.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 10-01-2005, 07:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Don't forget the "mummy wrap"...

Each team of two is given TP rolls. They race to see who can "mummify" their partner by wrapping them completely in TP. The first team to do this wins. The results are very funny.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

You could have a Bean Bag Toss. Use a black kettle for the pot to toss the bags at. Make the bean bags with different Halloween shapes such as pumpkins, black cats, witches hats, yellow moons, stars and whatever other shapes you can think of.Instead of apples on strings, you could use donuts and see who can bite one blind folded.

YOU COULD MAKE A HAUNTED ROOM FOR PEOPLE BRAVE ENOUGH TO GO THROUGH.
Just a few ideas hope they help.
Vicky
Old 10-09-2005, 12:31 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I had forgotten the toilet paper mummy game, we've done that one before. And the pin-the-whatever-on-the...game. Thanks guys.

We are having dinner too. Deadman meatloaf, deviled mice, spider cookies, etc. The spookier sounding the better. I still need more games though. It seems my Goddaughter has invited the entire neighborhood to the party. We're talking something like 30 kids!
It will be outside next to the "haunted graveyard". That's why we want to do ghost stories. Got any good ones?

•*¨*•.ƸӜƷ•*¨*•
Old 10-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I LOVE HALLOWEEN.... ITS MY FAVE HOLIDAY OF ALL !!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
I will see if I can find any ideas too! just had to post real wuick on this one!! lol
Old 10-09-2005, 09:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Heres a few websites I have earmarked in my favorities. Hope they can give you some more ideas.

Vicky

http://www.kidsdomain.com/games/hall.html

http://organizedchristmas.com/

http://www.horrorfind.com/

http://216.90.96.108/holidays/halowen/links.htm
Old 10-16-2005, 12:03 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Lightbulb dressing the scarecrow

You can play this game lots of different ways, but this is a fun one. Divide your guests into teams (you could have up to 4 teams if you have lots of people). You need one large paper bag for each team. Inside each bag you put things a scarecrow would wear (or for a scary theme, do Frankenstein). For a scarecrow each bag might have: pants, shirt, hat, straw, socks, suspenders, a wig, gloves, even a mask. The teams line up at least 8' away from the bags. When you say go, one at a time players must run to the bag and (without peeking) get 1 item out of the bag & put it on. Then they go to the end of their team's line and the next person goes. First team to have all the items on wins! If you have more stuff in the bag than players then some people will go twice. On the other hand, if there are more players than props, the last people have to "steel" an item from one of the other teams players. In this case, the winner would be the first team whose players have all finished a turn. (So if someone steels the glove you had, you don't have to take another turn) It is a really fun game, and you can dress as anything- we did knights in shining armor for VBS! Very funny!
Old 10-16-2005, 12:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I like the scarecrow game! Sounds like a lot of fun! I can't wait to see the short kids try to run with big clothes on :-)

•*¨*•.ƸӜƷ•*¨*•
Old 10-16-2005, 12:31 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Lightbulb eyeball stew

Just remembered one we did last year. All you need is a plastic bowl, large spoon, paper plate and a bunch of cotton balls for each person that wants to play. I had guests pair up and did 4 pair at a time. One person sits with a plastic bowl full of cotton balls on their head. They are blindfolded, and with the spoon they try to scoop the cotton balls onto a paper plate (which they're holding on their lap). The other player just has to hold the bowl on their friend's head. You could put a dot of food coloring on each cotton ball and tell them they're scooping eye-ball stew! Really funny to watch because the cotton is weightless, so even if they have 5 on the spoon they never know it, and sometimes they have none on and are trying to fill their plate with nothing! LOL At the end of 2 minutes the team with the most eyeballs on their plate wins!