Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 05-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Assistant Moderator

Ahhh Blondie, I've seen a lady just like that I was 18 at the time and visited Brisbane, the big smoke, but this lady was in a leopard print jump suit and as I passed I had to hold back my mirth .... after the shock, but that is what the big smoke is about. LOL
We call that "mutton dessed up as lamb!"

Old 05-12-2006, 05:23 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I am 48 and have hair down to the middle of my back. My husband likes long hair and as long as he is happy so am I. Its up to you too if you want to take care of it and have it look nice.
Sophie

Old 05-15-2006, 11:14 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Everytime I have gone to a professional, I looked worse coming out than going in. I have been cutting my hair for a solid 19 yrs now, I perm it straight (I have naturally kinky blonde hair) and I wear mine between my shoulder blades.As for those who dress from top to bottom & in between in ways that to say the least are not flattering on pretty much anyone; I wish I had half their self confidence in thinking that they do/would. I know there comes a time when it's time to stop dressing like your kids and I'm about there since I'm almost 47 and all my girls keep borrowing my tops, (they can't fit into my pants or shoes).
Old 05-20-2006, 03:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I wear mine short because it is thin & fine. Keeping it short it curls so it becomes wash & wear. Ithink it is personal choice, I tend to look at the whole person & it they seem together I nerver notice if their hair is long or short. I think we should mention the men who also need to look at their hair and when it is stringy it is time to cut it. I say a guy the other day looked like a survivor of the communes with his hair so long & string. Beards too look awful when the are long & stringy. My dh has a beard and always lets it get longer in the winter for warmth but I try & keep it neat looking. I've been trimming his forever. I go the same person 1 a month, she is expensive but when she is done I don't have to do anything but wash & go.I figure I'm worth it because when my hair looks nice I feel good.

Old 06-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I think it is a personal choice. I don't really like seeing long stringy gray hair but most women who do have it long like this wear it up.

Mine is considered long as it is below shoulders but it is curly. I like the flexibility of long hair too. I can be naturally curly, straighten it, or wear it up in many styles.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 06-15-2006, 05:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Mine is to the shoulders now BUT as of tomorrow will be much shorter. As getting it cut not a perm this time can't do it dollar wise and time wise. Going to a wedding Sat and don't like it the way it is now. They will be surprised to see me with straight hair as have only had it that way 2 times in the nearly 20 yrs at that church. Oh I will be getting another perm shortly you can bet on that one.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Can someone show me how to post my pix here? I just turned 51 and my hair is almost to my shoulder blades and I'd like some input as to whether y'all think I look inappropriate with long hair.

Rani
Old 06-15-2006, 08:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I am 49 and have had long hair, short hair and now back to long hair. When I made the decision to grow out my hair it was over permed and in very brittle condition. It is now healthy. I rarely wear my hair down in public, because I don't really like my hair in my face. For everyday I usually just twist it up and clip it and leave the ends loose and carefree. For more dress up occasions I do French Twist or French Braid. I personally don't wear my hair pulled back in a ponytail in public very often. It is a look that I don't really like on myself.
Sure I would probably look younger with a shorter do, but I like my hair and so does DH. Men usually like long hair(?), but DH knows if I decide to cut my hair it's my decision not his. As long as my hair is not a real pain to take care of it will probably stay long.
Joy