Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 12-17-2003, 09:20 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I will send him to the store alone only if I have a specific item as he will always buy stuff we dont need. Last night I sent him to our local drugstore to pick up a perscription he came home with Chips Ahoy sandwich cookies. we didnt need those! Most of the time though we go together, but I make sure I am the one who empties, just in case there were a couple of stray items that found their way in our cart!
Leighann
Old 12-17-2003, 10:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I am the grocery shopper in our home! I enjoy shopping especially if I get to go by myself. I buy a coffee and wander around the store with my cup, my list and my cart. I don't always get to go alone; usually I have to take my toddler along. He's pretty good if I get him a bagel at the beginning of the trip. But I enjoy the alone time in the grocery store
Old 12-17-2003, 05:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

99.9 % of the time, I do the shopping. Only when it's a big purchase item, or something I can't carry does DH come along...
He HATES shopping!...

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter the sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was, or the car I drove....but the world may be different because I was important in the life of the animals and the creatures on this earth."
Old 12-20-2003, 08:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi Gal's I'm the grocery buyer in my home and for the store. Hubby does very little. The kids I usally have at least 1 with me if not all 3.. Jacob of big help and Michael too. They help me left 50 lb bags of sugar and such in the truck. Restack the producein the back of the truck do I can get more..LOL's

This be Tree
Old 12-23-2003, 07:54 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I do all the shopping. If I'm lucky I can get out without the kids.
The only time my husband would go would be if if I was ill. Then its pretty scary, he'll buy anything just to get in and get out.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:41 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Usually I do the main shopping, but for any special occasion or holiday I make a menu and shopping list and my sweet husband will do the shopping. And I mean sometimes he has to go all over the state to find what I need. No complaints, he just does it. I guess he knows I grocery shop all the time and maybe he wants to take the burden when I am doing all kinds of other things to prepare for the event (birthday parties, Christmas morning breaksfast, dinner parties). It is sweet and I rely on it so much that I don't think we would have as big an event as we do if I had to grocery shop for it as well.
Old 12-26-2003, 10:05 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

My beloved DH and I do the shopping together. Since I can no longer drive he takes me and does really well at spotting the bargains and using the coupons! Every evening before he leaves work he will call home to see if he needs to pick up anything that we are out of. He has become a fantastic shopper! When we first got married, it was horrific! But since I started having severe migraines and siezures he takes me where I need to go and has learned the fine art of grocery shopping! Actually my spending is less when he is with me, because I don't get cookies and junk for the kids. He encourages them to make their own, so they have been learning to bake in the process. Home-made is much cheaper.

Wife to my best friend Curtis
mother to Amanda 21, Ashley 13, Victor 12 and Jon 11
Old 12-29-2003, 08:35 PM
Nine Year Member

I do most of the grocery shopping, but DH is always happy to do it for me. He actually is much better at picking out fruit. And he loves going to the grocery store.
Old 12-30-2003, 04:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Wow--reading this I realize just how lucky I am! Dh LIKES to shop with me and is a GREAT shopper. I do much of the local grocery shopping by myself simply because I can do it during the day but he likes to go when we go to Ft, Lee, VA or even on the weekends if I don't get to the store during the week. He's not a big spend thrift but is a HUGE bargain shopper. He compares prices and often finds wonderful clearance deals, like the time at Winn Dixie when he stumbled across boxes of fillet mignon marked down to $5 for 8 steaks! They had been waaaay higher so he bought several. We enjoyed those steaks for months. LOL I actually enjoy shopping with him! The one place I DON'T like to shop is the mall and I feel bad about that since he enjoys strolling through them.

Dh has commented in the past that his mom and I are the only people he knows who can go to the grocery store for bread and milk and come home $75 later....

Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 12-31-2003, 08:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hubby Shops!

My husband loves to shop and get BARGAINS so I let him. I go sometimes but I go to Thrift store next door if he lets me get away with it. We go to Sam's Club once a month and try to bargain shop there too and then fill in at Food Lion maybe 2x month. Our son rides his bike to the farm down the road and buys milk and eggs. Our small town has a local owned grocer who my husband grew up with and his $$$$ on lunch meats and cheeses is unbeatable as well as 40 # boxes of chicken. We have a "dry Goods" store near us that saves us alot because it's run my Amish friends of ours and their overhead is super low so they can price low.This sounds complicated with all the stops but we work it in to other errand runs and save alot besides .