Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 07-31-2002, 06:19 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle Guess what i found

I am so excited i found a Aldi's i have been reading about how cheap it was so i found one in Winston Salem North Carolina. I had to take my dear old FIL to wake forest for a eye appointment and i found the website locator and WOW i found IT all by myself. I just bought a few things to try and i am very sasifted with the prices espically on boneless chicken breast and shrimp. i took my MIL in there with me and i think she fell in love also. We will be taking a trip down there in AUG. i just felt like sharing this i am so happy i guess you can tell i dont get out alot LOL
Old 07-31-2002, 10:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I am sooooooo jealous! I miss Aldi's. We had one where we used to live. We are going back to vist over Labor Day and I am thinking about getting a case of mushroom soup while I am there.
Old 08-01-2002, 02:25 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Question there are 2 stores in va

no if my memorie serves me right i think i read a post that you live in va now. If not i am confused but if so there are two in va one in alexandria and another in winchester have you hit there website>do you know about savealot a grocery chain sort of like aldis. i think there is one in richmond check it out and see what you find sue
Old 08-01-2002, 03:53 AM
Nine Year Member

Hello!

I just thought I'd put my .02 in!!! I love Aldi's!!! There's one less than a mile from me.

I've gotten some great bargains there. They have good foods, produce, snacks and other items at great prices! There were a few items I tried aand we didn't care for, so I just won't buy those items again.

Well, guess that's my .02 worth!!!

Have a great day!!!!
Old 08-01-2002, 04:06 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Question what where they

like i said i am new to aldi's and the things that i tried are good. but i did not try everything. i was a little skelptical about buying some of it but as it turns out the things i tried were pretty good. i even pulled a fast one on my hubby he loves A-1 the price for that is outrangous so i bought a bottle of there steak sauce and poured into my a-1 bottle just to see if dh would know the differance. well we grilled ribeyes on the grill and he got his a-1 out and before the slapped on his steak he looked at me and said you will never be able to buy cheap steak sauce when i am around because i would know the diffeance. well he did not know the diffeance. I dont usually do this to him but he got on his high horse about store brands and telling me they were bad quality so i fooled him. i don't think i will ever tell him i will just keep filling the bottle up. add one for the tightwad
Old 08-01-2002, 04:58 AM
Nine Year Member

Good for you!!!!!

I've also tried there steak sauce, and agree.. It is just as good!!

There cereals are just as good as brand names as well as there cheeses and baking products!!!

I have bought there "juice boxes" and they are great!!! And, what a savings!!!!

Good luck with your purchases!!! I could go on and on 'cause I love being frugal!!!!
Old 08-01-2002, 06:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Sue,

The only thing we found we didn't like was their cheapest spaghetti sauce and pork BBQ. The pork BBQ was a NATIONAL brand though. I liked their spaghetti sauce that wasn't the cheapest.

I had found the ALDI website. I saw they also have one in Raliegh, NC where DH has to travel some for work. I looked up the Save A Lot website because I saw a commercial for it. The store here is on the other side of Richmond. I haven't been brave enough to venture that far yet! I have a map of Richmond in the car, but even with that.....baby steps. I grew up in a town with one traffic light!
Old 08-02-2002, 02:55 AM
Nine Year Member

Hi Renee

I have to agree with you about Aldi's spagetti sauce. I believe I know just the one you are talking about!!!!

There is also a Save A Lot by me. That's another great store. It's basically like Aldi's. They have a lot of good stuff!!! And great bargains!!!! I hope you get to shop at one soon!!!

Lauri
Old 08-16-2002, 03:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I've lived in Alexandria, VA since 1975 and I have never heard of Aldi's.

Do you have the exact locations? Thanks!!!!
Veterinary Internal Medicine & Oncology
Old 09-29-2002, 09:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Question

Could someone please explain to me exactly what "Aldi's" is?

Is it a grocery store or a wholesale place?

I've never heard of it!