Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > > >

Grocery Challenge Challenge yourself to stay within a monthly budget that you set. Share your progress with others doing the same thing.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I'm going to try for $650.00 or below. This is for 6 people but my freezer is full so should not need meat at all

Old 10-02-2010, 08:05 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Budget is $500
Spent $175.94 on grocery's.
Saved $26.88 with coupons and instore savings

Left to spend $324.06

Charlotte
Old 10-26-2010, 09:55 AM
Nine Year Member

I'm afraid that since my last post (prior to September) I lost my way somewhat so I will write off these months up to end of October and start anew. As I am paid on the 23rd of each month, my budget for November is 240.00. This is to cover all food, household and toiletry items. I will buy a limited number of treat food for DH (crisps & coca cola) but if he wishes to have more he will have to pay

On this note, I had my main monthly online delivery today, and the total came to 146.34 with multivalue offers saving m 8.30.

I have set up xls so that I can easily see what I have in my pantry and freezers so this will help me with menu planning. Fingers crossed.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I’m at about $650.00 so far this month. If I take advantage of a big sale on chicken $1.49 I’ll go over. I figure if I stay between $700. & 800.00 for my family ( 5 adults and 1 teen) I’m doing good

Old 10-27-2010, 02:49 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

I know I went way over this month. I am will do some grocery shopping over the weekend. My pantry is full.

Charlotte
Old 10-27-2010, 04:46 AM
Nine Year Member

I haven't been tracking my receipts like I should but I'm good for the month wont need anything this week but milk. I do need to spend more time on my coupons and matching to ads to help out the food banks.

Roberta
Old 10-27-2010, 05:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I have been really bad lately about setting a budget and sticking to it. But, to my credit, I have been working on my stockpile which I had allowed to dwindle so that I could use up what I had on hand. I have been doing well with coupons and ad matching. I have found great sales lately on soup, pasta, peanut butter and pasta sauce. The upcoming year will be a tough one for us so I need to get much better at sticking to a budget.

Roberta, I have been putting stuff aside for the food bank when I find great sales.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I’m trying to use up a lot of my stockpile but I also find keeping a well stocked pantry essential in keeping us from ordering out

Old 01-04-2012, 05:03 AM
Nine Year Member

Hello,

Moderators, I couldn't find a grocery challenge thread for 2012, but if I have missed it, or if you would prefer me to start a new thread please let me know.

As I am no longer working, it is even more imperative that I keep a closer eye on what I spend on our groceries (noticed that in October 2010 I had a monthly budget of 240/$374.42, and now in 2012 it is 180/$280.82 - gulp - and this is with food inflation the way it is. Oh well, I like a challenge!

Thus far for this week I have spent 20, so have 5 remaining until Thursday. I have enough in to last until I go shopping on Friday which is the start of next week's shopping budget - so 5 over to go in our savings kitty.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Count me in if you start a new thread