Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > > >

Grocery Challenge Challenge yourself to stay within a monthly budget that you set. Share your progress with others doing the same thing.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Well I am up to $443.41 spent so far this month and it's just dh and I. This is the first month I've been home full time instead of working so we aren't eating out much at all but this is still much more than I thought I would be spending. I haven't decided if it's just that I'm home so I have more time to grocery shop MORE or if it's because we aren't eating out that I've spent more money. I hope to lower my total next month for sure.
Jacki
Old 01-23-2008, 09:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Well I now have a lot of receipts to go through. As soon as I add them up and will let you know how we are doing. I am almost afriad too.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:58 AM
Nine Year Member

Jacki, if you know how much you've spent in the past eating out plus the grocery and you come in under that prior total I would say your still doing good. Once you have been able to stock up when things are on sale your bill should go down and stay lower since you'll be able to restock when things are on sale and you have coupons.

Spent $14.85 at K-mart & Kroger saved $4.59, $2 in coupons and $2.59 in sales.

Total spent $204.10
Coupons $109.58
Sales savings $68.20

Budget left $105.58
Old 01-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi I Aam definatly over buget but I have done some great deals. I ordered 2 extra chicken deal meals from Share. I bought a lot of lunchmeat from Kroger at $1.00 a piece for Hillshire Farm lunchmeat, about 15 to 18 of them. I'm happy with myself and the deals.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Jacki, don't feel bad I am already up to 511.06. Its just me, dh and yds here now. My ods went back to school so I have no excuse for such a high bill. It will be higher because I know I will have to at least buy milk. I am just seeing this month how much it is and I am going to set a challenge to try to bring it down a little for Feb. These amounts they are charging for food is crazy. Almost all the products have gotten smaller as the price has gotten much bigger. I noticed the creme saver yogurts I buy have went down a couple of ounces in size but nothing in price. I really need to start living on beans.(lol)
Old 01-25-2008, 03:25 AM
Nine Year Member

Went to Kroger & CVS today spent $52.16 and saved $51.30 with sales, coupons & b1g1f packages.

Total spent $256.20
Coupons $130.30
Sales savings $103.02

Budget left $43.80

Roberta
Old 01-26-2008, 08:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I have done ok I guess. Our budget is 400 and I have spent 381. With a little left for milk and such until Thursday. We shall see if I make it.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I didn't make it. I am already over budget and that doesn't even count next week. Sigh....
Old 01-26-2008, 09:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I spent $96.00 when I went grocery shopping on Tuesday. That brings my total up to $392. I'm definitely NOT going to make my $400.00 goal this month.

However, I will cut myself a little slack. I didn't figure in that there are 5 Tuesdays (my shopping day) in January. We also have cut WAY back on eating out. So, I'm definitely going in the right direction. I will still try to keep it as low as possible this week. I must be doing something right because every one (including dog) is complaining!

Kathy
Old 01-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I didn't make it but I did have an extra adult to feed for the month. So I'm ok with $559.46
I am definatley on the right track and now at least know where it is going.