June Grocery Challenge

You're on Page 8 of 9
Go to
  • How's everybody doing as the month winds down?

I am doing better than I thought....I still have $124.88 left. There are a few things I have purchased but not counted in the total, like greeting cards. I will still have a little more shopping to do before the weekend but I figure I will come out at least $50 ahead.
  • Goal $300 for food, cleaning & paper supplies, dog food.

spent $56.22
    Total spent $200.86
    Store savings $71.43
    Coupons used $54.92
    Balance $99.14

Roberta
  • previous monthly average:
    groceries - 167.
    eating out - 38.

cleaning products - 6.
    paper products -14.
    total....225.14
    so far this month I spent
    g..192.65
    eo...2.20
    cp..0
    pp..12.89
    total..207.64
    bal....17.30

I just had spent 30.09 on groceries ..would have been worse except that I saved 10.45 w/card and coupons.

four days to go...
  • Lost count half way through, but now there are 4 days left and $4-00! Hmm, that will be interesting!
  • June Grocery Challenge
    June Grocery Challenge ?

I did not go over my budget this month... I finally used my store card that helps save money and I saved 31.58 with card...Then since I was a senior over 50 plus ..I got another 30% discount....So this month I did super GREAT......
  • Goal $300 for food, cleaning & paper supplies, dog food.

spent $91.00
    Total spent $291.86
    Store savings $113.22
    Coupons used $83.09
    Balance $8.14

I am well stocked up and over stocked on somethings. So will be planning menus in July around what is on hand.

Roberta
  • By my calculations, we spent $546.11 on groceries this month, including a fair amount of restocking for the freezer (as it was completely empty from the move). I'm going to try to use the stuff in the freezer regularly so that I don't get it overwhelmingly full.

Liz
  • So far this month I've spent To date-$461.57.
    I will shop this weekend so does it go on JUne or July? I'm thinking July as it will be eaten next week.
  • New month starts on Sunday, cau, so you can figure it as you want.

So far I have $107.59 left of my original $510.47 (I had a little carryover from the May budget).

The true test will come when everyone is back in school and I'm buying things like lunch meat.
  • previous monthly average:
    groceries - 167.
    eating out - 38.

cleaning products - 6.
    paper products -14.
    total....225.14
    so far this month I spent
    g..196.58
    eo...18.58
    cp..0
    pp..12.89
    total..228.05
    bal...<2.91
    went to Farmer's market and spent 3.93 and to lunch with neighbor which was 9.50.
    so it is her fault had we gone to the Chinese place I wanted to go to instead of the Seafood place she opted for..lunch would have been 6.88 instead of 9.50..

also I had forgotten I went out to eat last Thursday until I went to pay and had less in my wallet than I thought I had....another
    but as I look over my spending..the real culpret was groceries..and that was because I had a "dinner party" on the 14th..
    so with these two excuses... I am under budget.....lol