Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > > >

Grocery Challenge Challenge yourself to stay within a monthly budget that you set. Share your progress with others doing the same thing.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:02 AM
Nine Year Member

Goal $300 for food, cleaning & paper supplies, dog food.

Spent $41.75
Store savings $10.46
Coupons used $0

Roberta
Old 06-03-2007, 04:38 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

working on lowering my 225. per month spending in June..
so far on the lst I spent..8.45 on Paper products and 34.30 on groceries..the pp is high because I buy the 12 pk of Scott tissues and that ate up 8...right there...total so far..42.75...
As soon as I put my groceries away I post the sales slip to the computer and break it down ..so I always have a total to check ..I do this in the check register and since I have to post the amt. anyway it is easy this way..
Old 06-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Count me in, I'm going to try for $600.00 a month for a family of 4. We have 3 adults, 1 almost 10 year old and 1 large dog. I also have 2 other adult dd's & 1 sil that often stop buy for dinner. I spent $100, Yesterday but I'm having company so I had to buy pop, beer and wine and snacks. Luckily I had 2 bonelss hams in the freezer so we will have them. This is a great idea because it will make me think if I have to write it down

Old 06-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Well I went to The Dollar store and got all laundry and paper supplies and what ever cost $12.98 went to wal-mart used cupons and went just to my list and spent $9.98 thats also better than last month

Old 06-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Food city starts their new sales on Sunday. I went and got some of the items on a good sale. Their brand vegetable 3/1.00, their cheese B1G1F making it 99cents a pack. Anyway, with everything I got I ended up spending 16.41. My budget is fastly going down.

FC-16.41
Total-132.15
Left-267.85
Old 06-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I'd like to jump in here too, I just added up what I spent last month and it's way too high for 2 1/2 people and 2 pets. I say 2 1/2 because our 18 yo dd lives an hour away but comes home on her 2 days off and eats and raids the kitchen for things to take back to her place. I've been spending about $400 a month so compared to some of you I'm way over budget. That is only food, no paper or cleaning products or pet food and I dearly love to eat out and didn't include that either. I better get my act together fast LOL.
Jacki
Old 06-05-2007, 12:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

OK Styep 1 this month is to record everything I spend on food for a week. Next week, I should be able to work out at least two things I can save on! (The bars I splurge on for the kids lunches should be on sale next week, if I have a whole month approach I can stock up when they are!)
Old 06-05-2007, 01:00 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

June Grocery Challenge

June Grocery Challenge..
Count me in Ladies...
I have not been to store yet....But the only way I save some is cooking on grill and making my own stuff....Like noodles,breads,pies, cakes, and what ever I come up with....like spagetti sauce, barbauce sauce..I make it up freeze it or cold pack it...Take it out get your hamburg or what ever fry or bake ....then put the sauce in it...Boy it great tasting....I do a lot of home made stuff and it helps on my grocery bill a lot.....I hardly eat out........I usually spent just on Food about $250.00
a month...Then comes the taxable which is around $ 150.00 a month.....Lets see if I can get some more short cuts this month..
Old 06-05-2007, 03:40 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I did a supermarket run last night. I'm subtracting the greeting cards from my total expenses. After that I spent $50.40. That leaves me $458.60 for the rest of the month.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

DH spent $27.00 on milk, cereal and ingredients for cannolis that he made for his staff meeting yesterday morning. So far this month, I'm up to $32.00. That leaves me $568.00! I need to do a full order tonight. After work, I will do my menu plan, look through this week's fliers so I can ad match at WM and go through my coupons. I'm hoping to come in around $125.00 - not bad considering dd's finish school tomorrow.

Kathy