Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Graduation Is it time for your child to leave the nest and move on to college and beyond? Or maybe they are just graduating from junior high and moving up to high school. Tell us what you think and how you are feeling.

Old 05-12-2003, 03:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Gift Buying for my Niece for lending DD a dress

Hi Everyone,

My niece has been sweet enough to lend my daughter a very costly gown to wear to her graduation dance, including the jewelery and bag. Wow! This outfit would have cost DH and I over $1,000! This is a tough time for us financially and we don't know what we would have done without her wonderful offer.

DD and I would like to find a very nice way to thank her. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jenna
Old 05-21-2003, 10:31 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hmmm....well, if you could swing it, a gift certificate to a hair salon, or for a massage, or something she particularly likes is always nice.

If money is really tight, maybe take pics of your daughter and make a thank you type scrap book with all the pictures of your daughter in the dress.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:33 AM
Friend of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Admirer

I think a gift certificate to a local mall or hair salon would be great! Also, I am big on gift baskets.....You could put together a pamper yourself kit with shampoo, conditioner, body gel, candle, etc. in it. If you can't aford an actual gift....no matter what - make sure you return the items clean and hung or packaged nicely in a timely manner along with a thank you note that you have hand written something very nice for her gratitude. I think a thank you note would be sufficient if you can't afford to buy a gift. Hope you have gotten some ideas.
Old 05-21-2003, 01:05 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Those are great ideas... How about a nice bouquet of flowers with a thank you note....and an IOU card from your daughter.....like maybe babysitting, or helping clean house....or something like that....

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter the sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was, or the car I drove....but the world may be different because I was important in the life of the animals and the creatures on this earth."
Old 05-21-2003, 03:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Another way to go would be to get her a gift certificate for dinner somewhere nice. My sister does this every year for my parents for Christmas and they really seem to enjoy it.

Charlene, mother to five

When God closes a door, somewhere he opens a window.
Old 05-21-2003, 03:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Thanks so much for your suggestion everyone!

I think the mall gift certificate idea would be exactly what Jordan would like! She is a bit of a mall junky, as alot of girls her age are. She is just the sweetest gal, I can't begin to thank her enough for lending the dress to my DD. I could just cry thinking about how generous it was for her to offer!

I have bought a Thank You card, but start crying every time I try to write something!

I am a bit prejudiced, but I think my DD looks like a princess in that spectacular dress!

Can't wait for the 29th! Oh no! I am crying again!

Jenna