Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 05-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Nine Year Member

Anyone Using The Debbie Meyer Green Bags To Keep Foods Fresh Longer?

Been seeing alot of comments about these green bags that they extend the life of fresh produce 3 to 10 times longer without chemicals.
They are made of a natural mineral found in remote caves in Japan that naurally absorb the gases that produce enzymes and cause vegetables to deteriorate. These green bags breathe to allow damginging gases to be released. The bags also reduce light which can zap away vitamins. the green bags maintain an appropriate level of humidity. This helps inhit bacterial growth as well as fungus, mold and decay. The only drawback is they do wear out and have to be replaced.

Was wondering who has been using them and what they thought of them?
_________
Sueanne

Old 04-17-2009, 07:34 AM
Nine Year Member

I bought a pack of 15 green bags (2 sizes) at the dollar store for $5 last summer and love them. They do help keep fruits stay nice longer.

I'm going to have to pick up another box of the bags as I only have a few left for some reason, think someone has been throwing them out.

Roberta
Old 04-17-2009, 12:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I loved thm also, I got them cheap at Big Lots. Really saved the fruit

Old 04-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Glad you said they are at Big Lots will go there while out with the boys tomorrow. I am also going to Target does anyone know if they have them and how much they cost. I looked for them in the commissary but did not see them.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:37 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I have used these and they really do work...
Old 04-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Last year Dh bought some at a drug store in the "Seen On TV" section and I didn't have much luck with them or maybe the produce was already too ripe or there was too much moisture. I think they cost $9.99 at full price. I haven't seen them in the Big Lots here. Supposedly, they are only supposed to be used a few times, I think 3 to 5 times and then they loose whatever it is that is supposed to make them work.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:48 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I didn't like them at all. They didn't work for me.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I plan to find some and try them I hate throwing away food. Do mushrooms do okay in them?
Old 04-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Nine Year Member

They work for me. I haven't tried mushrooms in them but I don't see why they wouldn't work. I picked them up for $9.99. I see them in all the stores now. From CVS to my grocery store.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 04-19-2009, 04:58 AM
Nine Year Member

When I buy fresh mushrooms I make sure to take the plastic outer wrap off before putting the container in the green bag. They lasted over 2 weeks that way in the refrigerator.

Roberta