Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Gift Giving Ideas Need an idea for a teacher, coach, or special friend? Ask here!

Old 10-24-2002, 07:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Homemade Bath Recipes.....

Hi-

I wasn't sure where the best place was to put this. Hopefully this is right.

I'm wanting to make homemade bath salts/fizzes/bubble bath type things for Xmas this year.

I need some good recipes. I think this might be fun!! I'm doing all handmade stuff this year.

Also, I'd like a recipe for some kids stuff too. I have 3 girls that love all my smell good stuff!! Mostly my smell good sprays (bath & body works, etc.)

Thanks in advance,
wombat
Old 10-26-2002, 08:21 PM
Assistant Moderator

I must say that I have collected a few recipes over the years for smelly bath things with the intention of making them but never do. I have a recipe for rose petal bath oil:
1 cup rose petals, 1 1/2 cups sunflower oil, place petals in a glass jar, and in a saucepan warm the oil on a very low heat on stove, then pour over petals in jar and seal. Stand in sunny place for 2 weeks shaking gently each day. After 2 wks warm oil in a saucepan on very low heat and then strain through double muslin and discard petals. Seal. Put in a pretty bottle and cut tag to tie around neck of bottle.
Bubble Bath: 1 cup finely grated pure soap flakes, 1 litre boiling water, 50ml grape seed oil, 100ml rose water. In a bowl place soap flakes and boiling water mix well until soap dissolves. In a jar pour rose water and grape seed oil cap and shake really well. Slowly add this to the soap and mix well. Put into bath bottles. If mix is too thick just add witch hazel until it becomes a thinner consistancy.
Hope they work for you, or give you some ideas to start, there are heaps of recipes out there. I did find a recipe for bath cookies just before, I think on this site but not sure.
Old 10-26-2002, 09:56 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi wombat--try www.make-stuff.com they have so many neat ideas they should have something there for you. Have fun!!!
Old 10-27-2002, 05:22 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

bath salts recipe

Here are recipes that I have gotten from people. I hope that these will help you. Lisa
Northern Nights Bath Salt
1 cup kosher salt 1 cup baking soda 3 drops Pine balsam oil 2 drops cinnamon oil 2 drops cassis oil 2 tablespoons of glycerin Mix ingredients together blending well. Break up any clumps.

Bath Salts
2 cups Epsom salts 1 cup sea or rock salt 3 tbsp glycerin scented oils and/or food coloring Mix together in large bowl and bag up with colored saran wrap and holiday ribbons.

Epsom Bath Salts
2 cups Epsom salts 1/2 teaspoon food coloring (if desired, use caution) 1/2 drop fragrance oil (1/2 to 1) 1/2 cup dried rose petals (crumble to near powder) Mix all ingredients. Makes lovely bath salts. Package in favorite bottle. Use canning jar and decorate lid specific to season.
Old 10-27-2002, 07:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Lightbulb Bath Salt Link

Try this website...

http://www.diynet.com/DIY/article/0,2058,63,00.html

Hope it helps!

Keep your words soft and tender as you may have to eat them tomorrow!
Old 10-27-2002, 07:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Lots of recipes here....

http://www.pioneerthinking.com/baths.html

Go to any search engine...such as:
www.yahoo.com

search line: Home Made Bath Salts....

a whole lot of sites come up... *s*

Jeannie

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter the sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was, or the car I drove....but the world may be different because I was important in the life of the animals and the creatures on this earth."
Old 10-30-2002, 07:13 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Bath Salts

Thanks for the information. I'ld like to try them.
Old 11-05-2002, 04:36 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Milk Bath Recipe

Here is a great recipe for a wonderful milkbath.

One cup of powdered milk
2 drops of vanilla scented oil
1 tsp of cinnamon

Mix all ingredients together in a dry bowl. I bought little jars at the dollar store and filled them with my milkbath powder. Tie ribbons around the lids and make cute little labels on the computer. I did this with bath salts also, and put all of them in a cute basket (dollar store find also!) they were hits last christmas!
Old 11-06-2002, 04:37 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Here is a site for gifts in a jar which include bath salts. Hope it helps.

http://holidayorganizer.com/gifts/giftsjar/index.html
Old 11-06-2002, 07:39 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

home made "stuff"

I was just at the holiday organizer site listed above....they have some really nice and easy ideas. I plan to use some of the recipes listed there for projects we can make in my home childcare.
Thanks to ALL of YOU for always having get input!!!!

Taking one day at a time and enjoying the view of the world through the eyes of all my children.
And stopping the smell the roses.