FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Gift Giving Ideas (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/gift-giving-ideas/)
-   -   Gift for mother of 4 boys (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/gift-giving-ideas/4410-gift-mother-4-boys.html)

Mom2LonelyOnly 01-23-2002 02:50 PM

Gift for mother of 4 boys

I have a friend who just had a baby. This is her fourth son. We are going to have a baby shower for her next month. The older boys ages are 8, 6 and 4. She kept the car seat and the crib from the last one because she knew that she was going to have more. What do you get someone who has had that many kids?
Do you give her the basics like diapers and wipes? Or something like clothes?

henryjsmom 01-29-2002 09:35 AM

Diapers are always a great idea. I think blankets and small toys are good too because you wash those alot and they tend to get worn out fast. New ones for the new baby would be nice I think. "Coupons" for a homemade dinner or giftcertificates to their favorite take out place is another option.
There are so many cool new items for infants now maybe updating her with new stuff would be fun. Sorry to ramble! hope this helps!

jackie241 01-31-2002 04:28 AM

I think anything goes here :),she has to need some new clothes,toys or maybe something with the new little boy's name on it...Each baby is such a special gift in its self.
You could maybe even do some kind of GC for the new mom,something to make her feel really special.Good luck to your friend!

Amanda 01-31-2002 06:06 AM

How about a nice picture frame, or a gift certificate at a frame shop so she can have his infant picture preserved? I have the cutest frame that a friend gave me for my first child. It looks like a newspaper, has a headline that says "Baby Boy Born" and then has columns of newsprint about how great he is :) I love it!

pontys 01-31-2002 01:40 PM

for mom with 4

^^ Hi the gift ideas are nice, I know how you feel,but how about disposable diapers,wipes,bottles,small cans of formula. I am about ready to have a baby and my youngest is 8,so Iam starting over but that is what I have asked for.^^

Bernice 01-31-2002 05:47 PM

:daisy: My favorite gift to give a "mom again" is purse size photo albums. They are inexpensive and most times you can redesign the cover (or cover it) to suit the expentant family. I even make "Big Brother or Sister" picture brag books to go with.

kimmyo 01-31-2002 06:05 PM

I think baby items have changed sooo much over the years! Anything would probably be greatly appreciated, but diapers and clothes are always a hit!:)

beckye3272 02-02-2002 07:22 PM

Why not get something for her? Bath items, a new robe or gown, something that's just for her... What about a gift certificate to a restaurant? Either one she can call for delivery or a nice one she can go to without the kids... Homemade coupons would be nice: like for babysitting, a homecooked meal, and so forth. Or make up a basket and combine different ideas. I have three girls and while I appreciated everything I received, the ideas I've listed here were the gifts I appreciated the most.

Jojess4 02-02-2002 07:48 PM

I have 4 children and the thing I would of loved to get the most would be gift certificates to have the kids or just the baby's picture taken. Plus the photo frames are a great idea. If you aren't into that then go with the basics: diapers, wipes, powder, wash, lotion, shampoo, formula(if not nursing), baby cereal, babyfood, kids dishes. Try to think of everything she uses during the day and give her new.
Personal pet peeve: I wanted to have a baby shower or just a party for each of my children after the first. Everyone said I was selfish and greedy. I wish people could understand I wasn't expecting people to buy gifts. I just wanted to celebrate our new addition. Sorry I just had to get that off of my chest.
Have a great day!

KBMommy 02-02-2002 09:50 PM

I also think anything goes. Why not just ask your friend if there's anything she needs?

Most of my friends are having their second child now but no one I know has had or is having a shower or party this time but almost everyone gives them a gift anyway. :*