First Communion Gifts

• We have niece that we got an invitation to her party after the religious ceremony. We have not been to one since our kids were that age. What is an appropriate gift now-a-days?
  • Aren't Rosary beads a traditional gift? If you think that someone is already doing that, how about a dainty little necklace with a heart or a cross or even a locket?

This little jewelry box is a nice gift. After looking at the jewelry on this website, there's some cute ideas.

A lot of places on the web recommend personalized picture frames but I'm not sure that someone that age would really appreciate that.
  • I'm sure the grandparents will be giving those type of gifts and one of the grandpa's even makes rosary beads so I probably need to not do the "traditional" gifts; that is why I am so puzzled! The site does have some cute ideas though!
  • Maybe a picture bible?
  • Do you want to do some relating to the day? If she likes to read, you could buy her books or I even saw some personalized book marks.

How about one of the first communion dolls?
  • I picked up a couple of first communion picture frames today ( a 5 x 7 and a 4 x 5 ) that she can put in pictures of her special day. DH wanted something "fun" too, so he found a canvas over the shoulder bag and we got puffy paint pens so she can decorate it. We tossed in a T-shirt that she can decorate too. Along with that we will put some cash into a card.

Even though this is a child of a niece we only see them a few times a year usually at a special occasion event. So we really don't know what her likes are.

We will be having a few more of these events coming up so any ideas would still be great! And if one comes along we like better than what we've gotten, we still have time to go with one of thise ideas. So anyone?
  • I know that my daughter (who is turning 7 on Monday) would love to decorate a purse and a shirt! She also luvs gift cards and money!!

She got some cute gifts from her friends at her BD party.... one boy (who has a crush on her ) bought her the cutest set of flip flop and a Twizzler flavored bath/body set that has body wash, lotion, a bath scunchie and her favorite a tube of lip gloss that has a cherry flavor on one end and a strawberry flavor on the other. A set like this would probably go over good for her. The lip gloss was enough makeup to make my dd happy.
  • We went with the canvas bag and T-shirt to decorate with puffy paint pens, some of those multi colored bracelets the kids wear, a card in the shape of a purse with a fabric handle and enclosed money in it. Put it all in a wicker basket she can use for whatever she wants and "wrapped" it in a new beach towel (we found out they have a in ground pool in their yard now). She gotten lots of bracelets, earrings, and necklaces for grandma and grandpas, and rosary from the one grandpa that makes them.
  • Sounds to me like you've put together a great package for her!