Any Organizing Projects Happening? - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Getting Organized Not enough room in your closet? Maybe the garage has become unbearable? Paper clutter? Discuss it and get answers here!

Old 05-27-2016, 07:11 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Any Organizing Projects Happening?

Dd 2 and dd 3 are finished with another year of school as of today.
I would like to tackle their bedrooms top to bottom, every nook and corner and basket organized. It will be a great thing to accomplish this first week of June.

Ds is finished with school and is organizing his legos today! Pinterest has a few projects to make with legos and I would like to encourage that.

Do you have any organizing goals as of right now? Maybe to tackle the month of June?

Old 06-15-2016, 08:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I've been going through my kitchen and bathroom cabinets gradually and am about halfway done with the kitchen. There is very little wall space and a lot of drawers and cabinets. Our church was asking for donations of household items to send to the Phillipines so I thinned down a lot of pots and pans that I wasn't using anymore.

Our plum tree is loaded this year so all the canning jars will be put to good use and will need to reorganize the space in that cabinet again. Will need to redo the bathroom cabinets again too (we don't have medicine cabinets above). I threw out a lot of expired things but it is still not working when I need to find something.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:05 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

sending kitchen items to the Phillipines is a very good thing.
I like the gradual approach. As long as I do some every day and keep rotating the rooms, things stay neat.

You will find a way to work with your things in your bathroom, apricot!
Old 06-16-2016, 09:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

The bathrooms are a challenge with no regular medicine cabinets and due to some current medical issues I've needed different things within reach at different stages but think I've got that organized on the counter for now. Just need to reorganize the rest of the items in the cabinets under the sinks again.
Old 06-16-2016, 04:41 PM
Nine Year Member

Started organizing my dresser draws today while it was raining. Been saving containers that I was going to use as planters. Folded under wear, bras, socks & bandanas & belts in each of them. Got rid of old bras and things that don't fit anymore. Put away heavy sweaters probably never use to give me more space. For pajamas & nightgowns.
Biggest job is under bathroom sinks which I will do next.
_______
Sueanne

Old 06-18-2016, 04:38 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Encouragement I am getting from this thread, ladies!!

I moved my cookbooks to a different location, and organized the games that we keep in the dining room. The shelf that held the cookbooks looks fabulous in the corner holding the games!

My bedroom dresser is a hot spot for many things. I neatened that and put things away. Hopefully I can keep it clutter free.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Well, I started organizing the bathroom cabinets yesterday and discovered a leak under one of the sinks that caused a minor emergency when dh barely touched it and we had a small river, so now all the stuff is "organized" into two baskets while the wood dries. He had to replace the faucet and some other pipes.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:25 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Ugh, apricot! Good thing you found the leak, right?

I got thinking on the bathrooms cupboards and organized the ones in the hallway bathroom. I put all extra soaps, shampoos (and hair care items), and lotions in here. I informed the girls. It looks great and now I can see much quicker what I have on hand. I love couponing for these items.
Old 06-23-2016, 04:00 PM
Assistant Moderator

I sorted and organized my shoes today. I have a bag of stuff for the thrift store and a tote for buy sell trade.
Old 06-24-2016, 05:20 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Excellent, bluebird!
I need to buy a couple pair of shoes. My tennis shoes went out on me and my every day pair of slip ones finally bit the dust. I am thankful it is summer, because I am wearing sandals every day. But my shoes will need organizing, too, after I shop.