Any Organizing Projects Happening? - Page 2 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Getting Organized Not enough room in your closet? Maybe the garage has become unbearable? Paper clutter? Discuss it and get answers here!

Old 06-24-2016, 06:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Yes, Smiling Dawn, it is a good thing that I found the leak and dh was able to fix it quickly, although I think he hurt his back doing it.

I try to check under all the sinks every couple of months but this was something that was not noticeable until it had almost rusted all the way through. Today I need to organize the top counter in my bedroom bathroom again and make sure there isn't a leak under the sinks there because I had moved things around fast the other day and a couple of things were wet but I couldn't remember if I had taken them out from the other sink or not. Also need to organize the kitchen cabinet where the dishwasher hoses go through and hope that I don't find any leaks there.

Whenever I get new shoes or clothes it usually motivates me to organize in those storage areas.

Some friends like to give us used oversized books, which I don't like at all because you can only leave them on the coffee table so long and they don't fit in the bookcase. Some of the books that have history in them are interesting but I was given one on cats in April and it is so old that it has a picture of a cat sitting on an asbestos roof and a recipe on how to make a dinner for your cat using a wild rabbit. This is California and rabbit hunting is not done here.
Old 06-26-2016, 06:51 PM
Assistant Moderator

I added a shelf and organized a kitchen cabinet tonight. Cleaned off the bar too!! Okay most of the stuff got moved to the table. I need to get rid of some stuff. I took all my posts off buy sell trade FB pages. I will repost with make me an offer. Maybe I can get sell it. If not it will go to the thrift store.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:38 PM
Nine Year Member

Took the time today to organize the kitchen pantry. Dh years ago made the closet deeper by adding more shelving to the front of each shelf. It is great but have to be able to rearrange everything and clean what you have not used that is open so not to get bugs. Cleaned all the shelves with soap and water and added bay leaves for protection. Stopped baking breads so had alot of grains to get rid of. It is one job that looks easy until you have to put everything back.
Did save alot of freezer bags in all sizes that are expensive to buy that will come in handy. Had paper dishes, plastic, glasses & other storage containers for emergency use. Have one more bottom shelve to tackle tomorrow with baking pans & roasting pans to sort through. Would like to continue in the bathrooms next especially under the sinks.
Funny to see items you put away that you don't use any more.
_______
Sueanne

Old 08-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Nine Year Member

Organizing the pantry!

Looked like it was going to rain so tackled the rest of the pantry shelves today. Took out the shelves at the bottom so I could see what was on the floor at the bottom. Large glass jars are good and some coffee cans but decided to eliminate clutter. Used some of the large trays on the shelves so I can pull them out easier for things that I need. Left a few out in case I want to bake some rolls or cookies. Will pick some more up at garage sales to use on other shelves easier to unload for cleaning. The pantry is as large as a refrigerator but higher to the ceiling. Feel good that I accomplished something today.
_________
Sueanne

Old 08-08-2016, 07:39 AM
Assistant Moderator

I need to finish some shelves outside our pantry. Baskets and such will live there.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I put all the board games away and realize I need to rearrange the hall closets again.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:35 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Reading what you ladies are getting done is encouraging!

We purchased a new piece of furniture for the kitchen. It is a microwave stand with extra shelving above and below. I now have cookbooks above the microwave, and the bread maker is stored underneath in a cupboard. I reorganized the counter and slimmed down on the items there by putting them in the drawer that is also on under the microwave. Now the counters look less cluttered and my kitchen looks new!

I love it!