Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

General Advice Avoid work at home scams, researching legitimate companies, general questions about making money, etc

Old 06-20-2003, 07:18 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Question Fast Cash!

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas or ways to obtain money/cash quickly? (Legal of course!!) Our budget is really tight right now and I would like to find a way to ease things a little! Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thank you!!
Old 07-16-2003, 06:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I've made this suggestion before and plan to do this myself. Buy stuff (kids clothes, womens, toys, just about anything) on clearance or even yard sales. Then list it on Ebay. Be very honest and accurate about describing any flaws (used/new with tags, scrathes, etc) and start a fair price. Personally I don't like sellers who list their items for 7 to 10 days. I feel 3 or 4 days is plenty of time to get a good price. Anyway, I know several people who make good livings doing this. One lady sells antiques on Ebay and is a single mom!

There are help guidelines on there to get you started and I believe there may even be a service offered now where you can pay someone to do all the work of listing, etc for you.

A reminder: Be QUICK to ship and leave appropriate feedback. Feedback is probably the most important one of the tools you use on Ebay.

BTW: it is NOT necessary to list that an item is a yard sale find or even where it came from. Just be accurate with the description.

Good luck!

jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 07-17-2003, 04:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Ebay is great!

I just recently went though our "stuff" in the basement and sold all kinds of things on Ebay and made over $200 in 3 weeks! I thought it was pretty good. It's a lot of fun to see how much you can get for an item. I'm planning to go through my daughter's closet and get some more things to put list. It's so easy. You would be surprised. Try it.
Old 07-17-2003, 04:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oh boy do I know how easy it is! I got my feet wet by selling some shoes on Ebay that I had not worn in ages. I used the digital camera to take good close-ups and started with a low price. I got very fair prices for them considering all were used though in excellent condition. (Some had been worn once). We've also sold other items on there but have not really gotten into it yet. My grandkids have enough toys to literally open a toy store since their otehr grandmother used to buy impulsivley. Some have never been opened they have so many! My daughter wants to throw them away and she's a struggling divorced mom! I intend to remind her that good money can be made on Ebay and all free and clear since she didn't even buy the toys.

Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 03-21-2006, 08:43 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

i have thought about this but it seems like every time i try to sell something on there i cant make anything i spend more trying to sell stuff than making anything
Old 03-25-2006, 02:54 PM
Nine Year Member

Check out the CheapCycle at YahooGroups for a group in your area. They are like FreeCycle but you can offer things for sale instead of just giving them away.

Check with your local newspapers to see if they offer a "free ad" my town allows you to sell a single item for up to $35 and not pay to place the ad.

And don't forget the Online Garage Sale section here at Family Corners.

Roberta
Old 11-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Nine Year Member

I'm not sure how it works. But some of my adult kids have been selling or donating PLASMA. And they get paid for doing it. Just an idea there are requirements that have to be met. Sometimes they get as much as $55.00 a week each.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Nine Year Member

Something new is "garage/yard" sales on Facebook do a search for your county or area of state to find them for your area. I've joined 4 that are within 30 miles from my home and have started posting items that I want to get rid of.

I also post to the cheapcycles for my area as well on yahoo groups.

Roberta