Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

General Advice Avoid work at home scams, researching legitimate companies, general questions about making money, etc

Old 03-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

How to Find Legitimate Work From Home

I started my original quest for home based income in 2001, tried many different things, some successes, some failures. I just wanted to share the following tips on finding legitimate opportunities based on my experiences. I hope this info helps save someone money, time, and/or distress...

- Set your financial goals -- Are you just looking for extra income or a potential full-time income? How long (and hard) are you willing to work to meet your goal?

- Determine if you are looking for a JOB or a BUSINESS -- there is a distinct difference between the two and you want to focus your energies appropriately for the best results.

- If looking for a JOB, what are your marketable skills and previous experiences? If you are looking for a BUSINESS, go with your passions, things that interest and motivate you the most. Build a list and use that to begin your search. General rule of thumb: Never pay for a job (businesses, on the other hand, usually involve some expenses).

- Review your budget -- know ahead of time what you are willing and able to invest into your business, including start-up costs and ongoing maintenance and promotion.

- Find a rep to contact, check out their websites, ask questions, do your own independent research. You can check for work at home scams and complaints at www.bbb.org, www.scam.com, and www.ripoffreport.com

The standard test to determine if any program is a pyramid scheme is...

1. Does it have retailable products?
2. Are those products actually being retailed?
3. Can you earn money if you don't recruit anyone?

Old 02-25-2010, 10:56 PM
One Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Finding a work from home job isn't easy. It's going to take some work and research to find a legitimate job. First, review the types of work at home jobs that are available, along with job listings. Then, check out the lists of companies that are known to be "telecommuting friendly" and most of these employers list work from home jobs online.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I have been working from home for 5 years now. I started with having a family home childcare, but business got really slow so I also started working for other opportunties. I still have my daycare, but it is only open on second shift, for my grandchild. I currently have been working for a month with Disney Dining thru a company called Arise www.arise.com. I really enjoy working for them and I am able to schedule around my life. If anyone is interested in this company feel free to PM or email me. I would gladly assist you with getting started. I also do some non phone work with a company called Quicktate (dication) https://typists.quicktate.com/transcribers/login. There are a few other legit work at home opportunities, www.acddirect.com, www.alpineaccess.com, www.vipconnect.com, www.voicelog.com.