Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

General Advice Avoid work at home scams, researching legitimate companies, general questions about making money, etc

Old 06-06-2006, 08:41 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Does anyone chauffeur children around? Say from daycare to basketball practice, home to dance classes, etc?
Old 06-07-2006, 10:54 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I Just About Finished My Medical Claims And Billing Course And Should Hopefully Soon Be Working At Home To Do That! My Four Year Old Has Over Energy Around Other Kids At Preschool So I Am Going To Homeschool Him For A While And I'll Work At Home Filling In Claim Forms And Sending Them Off To Insurance Company's And Then Raise My Nine Month Old. Child Care Is Just So Outragious!!! Lol

http://www.cafemom.com/home/TOMMYANDCODY

http://www.myspace.com/2toplay1982
Old 06-28-2006, 10:58 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

NY Stock Exhange

Quote:
Originally Posted by taegsmum
Hey guys, I am new here, so I don't want to ruffle any feathers, but I do have a great home based business opportunity. It is a 34 yr old company on the NY Stock Exchange. There is no inventory and the product is something we all need, but only 2% of Americans currently have it. So, if you are interested,[Please contact this member by email or PM--] Now I am heading off to find some suggestions on how to organize my home so I don't have to spend hours looking for things. UGH!

Please email me information on how to use the NY Stock Exchange to make money.

Thank you,
Bubbles
Old 06-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Bubbles, please contact the member who posted the information you want through Private Message or email. Just click on their username to bring up those options.
Thanks.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I have seen things on the internet about processing rebates from home. There are lots of different companies but they all charge, some more than others, but they usually offer more than others. Has anyone ever tried this. I don't want to lose my money but there is one company that offers a 3-month money back guareente. Thanks for any help B
Old 03-20-2008, 10:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I have worked from home for Since Aug 2006. It is called West Corp. I take phone calls & place orders for different co's routed thru a business line in my home. I can pick & choose my shifts. Most of the time you are paid per talk time minute. Since I am now an employee, I also make min wage on my log in time if my talk time does not meet the min wage mark.
I generally work at nite after my kids are in bed, but if I am lucky I get in 30mins to an hour in the mornings & sometimes 30 mins in the afternoon if there is a shift avail & my kids are being good.
I also volunteer at my DS's preschool, am PTA pres there, & will hopefully begin PT subbing at the preschool next year.
You do not have to pay to work for this co, my checks are direct deposited. Also, they take out med & soc sec taxes but not fed. You do not get paid for training, but if you are at home and want to work from home, and can put in the hours,you can make decent money.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brehartsell
I have seen things on the internet about processing rebates from home. There are lots of different companies but they all charge, some more than others, but they usually offer more than others. Has anyone ever tried this. I don't want to lose my money but there is one company that offers a 3-month money back guareente. Thanks for any help B
I have seen these spam emails at least 10 times a day.
I would be very careful about this and maybe google information on rebate processors and check out BBB on the co's before giving them any info

Old 03-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brehartsell
I would be careful about these types of opportunities. Before submitting any personal information to these companies, I would thoroughly research them -- you can check sites like www.bbb.org, www.scam.com, and www.ripoffreport.com for any negative history.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:01 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I dont work any more but some times I would like to see about a work from home thing but dont know how and I will have to wait for a little while any way

Old 03-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I work remotely in technology for a health care company. I also run a work from home resource site and am an independent consultant for a health and wellness company[name of companies deleted by Asst. Administrator] and a deregulated electricity opp.