Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 08-27-2009, 05:43 AM

Me and My Friends Gardens 2009

I wanted to share some photos of me and my friend who lives across the street from me's gardens and his pond he did himself.

Anna
Old 08-27-2009, 05:45 AM

Neals Shrubs

Neal just gave me a starter off this hardy plant, neither of us know what it is but it sure is pretty.
Attached Images

Old 08-27-2009, 05:47 AM

Neals Pond

I've been promising Bluebird to post a photo of my friends pond so here it is. He did all the work himself, isn't it beautiful. I love sitting on my porch across the street and listening to the water sounds.

Anna
Attached Images

Old 08-27-2009, 05:50 AM

Neals Lettuce Planted From Seeds

Here is Neals lettuce along with a thistle, LOL! He has generously been sharing the lettuce with us for about a month now and inspired me to plant my own a few weeks ago... I'll show you photos of how mine is growing.

Anna
Attached Images

Old 08-27-2009, 05:52 AM

Here is my lettuce growing in recyled Shortening Containers

My Lettuce planted about 3 weeks ago and the ones with tiny sprouts was planted last Friday.

Anna
Attached Images

Old 08-27-2009, 05:55 AM

My Jelapenos

Here are some jelapenos grown in recycled shortening containers... I threw some seeds in a mop bucket with the bottom cut out at the beggining of summer and forgot what it was. It had tons of starters so I transferred some into the shortening containers after punching holes in the bottom of the container with a phillips screw driver. Oh and some hot peppers are beside it in mop buckets that I cut the hole out of the bottoms.

Anna
Attached Images

Old 08-27-2009, 05:57 AM

My Lavender Plants

Mid summer I planted some lavender seeds in this flower pot and here they are starting up. I'll have to put mulch and newspapers around them this winter to protect them but next year should have a good start to my lavender garden. They are actually bigger than what this photo is showing about 4 to 6 inches in height.

Anna
Attached Images

Old 08-27-2009, 06:14 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Your lavender looks great, Anna! Sometimes that can be very difficult to grow, especially from seed, so you should be proud of yourself!
Jamie.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Thanks Anna they all look great. YOU can keep the Jalepenos tho' Adam brought some home have no idea why. If he does not do anything with them will let them dry out and send to you for seed.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:40 AM

Thanks jamie

I'm seeing a few more baby sprouts coming up it seemed to take forever before they sprouted... my petunias had the nerve to try to start growing in that same pot that I had planted early in the summer along with some weeds, so I just took them out and let the lavender keep growing.

Pag36

Certainly if you don't want the jelapeno seeds we'd. be happy to have them, dh loves all hot peppers. We planted some kind of hot peppers out front, the ones in the photo and he ate one of those the other night and kissed me on the lips, Ouch!! I had to splash vinegar on my lips to get that burn off.. talk about a "hot kiss" he said the next day his hands were buring from them but refused to wash his hands in vinegar, silly man!

Anna