Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 03-31-2007, 09:28 PM
Nine Year Member

Lawn Balls and others

Does your garden have more ornaments than plants?

Do you only have one hardscaping item like a lawn ball or is your front lawn a veritable plethora of pink flamingoes and their friends?

Tell us about your yard!

I have a frog prince with a blue gazing ball, a fake plaster chickie, a plastic squirrel, a very faded plastic duck mom and 3 babies, and a fat stone pig. Bird feeders too of course.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."

Last edited by ellenmelon; 03-31-2007 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I have 2 antique creamers on steel posts that I use as flower pots. I have an old hand water pump that is in my flower garden and I hang plant from. I have an antique water cooler that sits in my fower bed to hold a plant. I have a concrete birdbath. My kids have all made garden stones that sit in amonst the flowers. they have also made whirly wigs on posts so they go in the garden too. On my front porch I have an old lobster trap and a very old rocking chair. Now in my back yard....i have 6 different climber toys and a swingset....about 5 slides and a huge shed full of ride on toys and balls etc...add a pool and extra fence to close it in and it is quite the site...but a childs dream

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 04-08-2007, 07:15 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

In my front yard I have shepards hooks with bird feeders hanging near my stone bird bath last year near my front steps I planted some prenials then added some solar lighting. On our front steps I have 3 large cast iron pots which I fill with flowers like petunias or marigolds and I also have a plant stand that I also fill with flowers. On the deck railing I have dk green planting boxes that I fill with flowers. I love having flowers all around but by the end of summer I am tired of picking off the dead blossoms etc.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Nine Year Member

I forgot to post that our Christmas tree is still standing and green out on the deck by the bird feeder. DH startled a sleeping robin last night, it flew up into the roof of the covered deck, he gathered it into his hands, soothed it and tucked it back into the tree. Garden ornaments can be more than just pretty, they can be functional too! I guess we can consider a tree in a tree stand sort of artificial?

Old 04-09-2007, 05:56 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My front yard is postage stamp size so only have one frog welcome sign with two little frogs under it..
In the back I have a duck and her little ones, a rabbit given to me by DD2 when she was about 12, a deer given to me by DD1 when I lived in PSJ, two statues- a girl who is feeding the ducks and another girl flying a kite..a fountain held up by 3 frogs, a squirrel on a stepping stone and I have a collection of stones that were brought back from different states by my now gone neighbor..he wrote the state initials on each one..but I have them upside down..think that is it....
Old 04-09-2007, 07:51 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I have more flower beds than anything else. I have raised beds around the pool fence, two flower beds in the front yard, a large rose bed by the driveway. We do have two ponds we hope to put in this summer. I may get some of my mothers yard decor if dad doesn't want it.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Nine Year Member

Got to report that in the last windystorm, my lawn ball blew out of its stand and shattered. I got all the pieces picked up but little frog prince who held the ball in his crown is sad and lonely. Need a new lawn ball for the kids fantasy garden I am making. Can't wait to get some mulch too.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Assistant Moderator

I have a few, more like a pagoda that I put a citronella candle in to keep mosquitos and sand flies away, I have a dragon to guard my doors and a couple of large decorative pots, a large terracotta ball 2ft high and that's it.

There are a couple of houses around that go waaaay overboard and we look with awe and incrulty, theres one around the corner that has 2 very large giraffes, a zebra, a unicorn an elephant and lots of samll gnomey type statues.
Theres one in another neighbourhood that every front patio and yard surface is covered in various gnomes, frogs, mushrooms, cats, kangaroos just everywhere!

Old 04-26-2008, 03:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

HI Kathy and all....I have of course elephants!!!! some rocks,elly planters,a few wire elly frames that you are suppose to grow something in but havent tryed that yet!!! and a small gnome I think thats it. have a great day!!! anyone know where I could find more elphants for outside???? LOL
Old 04-26-2008, 09:01 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I have awelcome sign and a small scare crow and 2 lge birds and thats all