Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Funny Things Kids Say

Funny Things Kids Say Kids say the funniest things! Whether it's improper pronounciations or hilarious mishaps, they crack us up! What did your child say today?

Old 08-17-2003, 02:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Kids say the darndest things

While taking care of our two youngest dg the other day, and while eating our dinner, Garrett, aged 5, after asking for his second plate of mashed potatoes, turned to me and said, "Grammy, you are certainly a 4 star cook! And, I would even give you 5 stars for your mashed potatoes!" Well....can you get any better compliment than that?!? Sure makes me want to try even harder to please them the next time they come, which will be this week; when we will be 'camping out' in our yard for a couple nights; just because they want to.
Wonder what special and simple foods this old Grammy can come up with to cook over a camp fire? Any ideas ladies? I know they love S'mores....but am thinking of perhaps the mountain pies might be a big hit too! YUM! Can hardly wait myself!!! What kind of 'mountain pies' have you made, and how?
Thanks so much for these wonderful forums, and may you all enjoy a blessed week!
*He won't lead us to it, unless He will lead us through it.*

Last edited by hapiladi; 08-17-2003 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:17 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I was sleeping in my recliner chair one day when my three great grandchildren came in. I saw that it was a certain time and I grabbed what I thought was the remote control for the television and started pressing buttons. Katherine, the seven year old said "What are you doing Nanny?" Trying to get "Coronation Street" (English soap opera) on the television." I replied. "Well," she said, "I don't think they are going to answer you." I looked down and saw I was holding my cordless telephone in my hand...lol.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

first off nana joan welcome to Family corner. It is great to have you here, where in Ontario do you live??? I am close to ottawa.

Cute story funny what kids can come up with!!!

Hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 02-13-2006, 06:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

A couple of weeks ago, my mom came over to my place, but she got here before I did. My 4-yr old son, Dylan loves cars and even knows who drives what. I saw my mom's car but didn't see her, so I asked Dylan if that was Babasan's (that's grandma in Japanese) car. He said, "Oh, yeah, it is!" I parked my car and I saw a figure down the street with a little dog and I thought it was my mom. So I asked Dylan, "Is that Babasan?" He says, "Yeah. She forgot her car!"

Ok, grandma says the darndest things too. My sister had bought my mom a laptop. She knows the basics, getting on the internet, checking emails....One day she wanted to listen to an audio CD but her CD player wouldn't play it. So I suggested she use her laptop. She put the CD in the laptop and then calls me. She asked me, "Where's the switch?" The reason I thought this was soooo funny was because I've read jokes about this from the technical support point-of-view, but I've never heard it in real life!
Old 02-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

For the laptop, it is more like of a button, instead.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:32 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Every morning Amanda (3yo as of today) walks to my bed and says "I awake. I cuddle you?"
Old 12-11-2006, 10:36 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: I live in the foothills of Maine and near a major river. The area is quiet but we can be in a large city that has everything that you would want to visit. WE're two hours from Old Orchard Beach and it is so beautiful
Hot flashes? My daughter was about 6 years old and we were in a restaurant and all of a sudden I got very hot. My face I guess had turned red and I turned and looked at my husband and asked if it was hot . He said no I don't think so, so my daughter pipes up , right out loud as a child would, and says"oh, mommie is just having another hot fudgie! Oh , was I embarrased.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:17 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Quite a few years ago you had to pay a toll to go across the Indian River on the Beach Line (until this yr called the Bee Line)..I was taking my GDD to her parents who lived in Cape Canaveral at the time..I stopped to pay the toll..My GDD who was 5 (now 25) asked me why I was putting the money in the bin..told her it was so they could repair the roads..(knew she wouldn't understand "to pay Bonds") and she said ..."Don't put it in Grandma, they sure are not fixing the roads very good"..
Old 02-22-2007, 07:37 PM
FamilyCorner Addict

One day last week when it was around 5 below with the wind chill, I joking told my husband I wanted him to grill hotdogs for dinner. Of course he said no. So for the next hour or so I would say Daddy won't make me a charred hotdog. And I'd pretend to sniffle and cry. Maddie (4 yrs old) said Mom, build a bridge and get over it!
I about died laughing.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
My DH and my son were walking through WalMart the other day and passed a stand full of DVDS sitting in the middle of the isle. My son had been trying to think of Ben Stiller's name for a couple of days before that.

Anyway, As they walked past the stand my son saw the movie "Meet the Fokers" and said (very loudly) to my DH "Hey Dad, look....there's that guy, he's in the movie 'Meet the FU**ERS' ".

Of course he didn't mean to say that and once he did, my DH said that my son turned bright red. I wish that I could've seen it because I would've liked to have seen who was more red out of the 2!!

I told my husband that I probably would've dropped over laughing right there. If you knew my son, it was very innocent.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!