Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Funny Things Kids Say

Funny Things Kids Say Kids say the funniest things! Whether it's improper pronounciations or hilarious mishaps, they crack us up! What did your child say today?

Old 08-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Caroline how cute.
My oldest gd will ask " Nana when will I start shaving my legs" and why don't you shave?
as I'm very blessed and don't have to shave my legs. please don't throw things at me.

the other day I was sending a ecard to my ss and the youngest one asked me " Nana what are you doing" when I told her I was sending to my ss she turned her back toward the computer cupping her hand over her eyes and say " I won't look to see who it is since it a secret"
I almost died off LOL, but I didn't until I told John about it then I burst out LOL... I just thought it was so cute and funny how she did it.

My gds keeps me on my toes LOL they can be so funny by their actions and the youngest one will make these strange faces and eye movements to make you laught.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Happy face

LOL.....Kids sure say and do the funniest things!! I could write a book on the stuff that goes on in this house! Maybe someday I will. LOL... .
Old 10-31-2007, 10:01 AM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Admirer

When I was little, it was around Christmas time and my mom saw me snooping around the house. She looked at me and said, "What are you looking for - a spanking?" And I (about 3 years old) said, "No, I'm looking for reindeer!" hahah
Old 10-31-2007, 10:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Ho Ho Ho ---that Is Cute!!

Q. Why do ghosts shiver and moan? A. It's drafty under that sheet.

Happy Halloween
Caroline
Old 03-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

one day we all went up to the coffee shop for breakfast. The girls loves that place
anways we drive up and on the window was a big sign that read:
Grill Cook wanted:

The youngest gd wanted to know why they were looking for just a girl cook.
John and myself both at the same time almost said " they are not looking for just girls, boys can apply to the job too"

her little reply came back as
No, they can't. the sign reads

GIRL COOK WANTED,

we looked at the sign and we said no it said
Grill cook Wanted.

she looked at the sign again and to her it read
Girl cooked.

if you take one of the L's off you got girl.
LOL

what kids sees and reads can be cute.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Bees and Spiders-lol!

My DD has a fasicination with spiders and is scared to death of flying bugs because she thinks that they are all bees out to sting her!

For the past couple of nights we have watched a spider spin a web on our satelite dish on our back porch. She watched in amazement as to how the spider was creating this beautiful web. Last night when she was finished watching it, she came in and asked me "Mommy, when the spider is finished and wants to leave, does the spider put all of that string back in his butt and take it with him?"

After that, we were out in front of our apartment watching the kitties play in a side yard. Alexis is convinced that she is going to catch this one particular kitty--and she might because the kitty seems to like her. She was pretty darn close to reaching down and touching it when a firefly flew up in front of her and lit up. She jumped up and screamed "AAAHHH that bee just turned his light on!!" I just about fell over laughing at her. It was so innocent and funny!! The poor kitty took off running. She had forgotten about catching fireflies last year.

She just turned 5 and it's so amazing how the world is opening up to her.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 06-17-2008, 03:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Happy face Hi Ajrsmom

I thought I'd fall out of the chair from laughing!!! What a funny/cute thing to ask about the spider! To funny!!! Kids are born comedians.----My 5 year old granddaughter told her aunt,"My mommy has whiskers on her legs." LOL- Kids are cute!

Q. Why do ghosts shiver and moan? A. It's drafty under that sheet.

Happy Halloween
Caroline
Old 06-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY6
I thought I'd fall out of the chair from laughing!!! What a funny/cute thing to ask about the spider! To funny!!! Kids are born comedians.----My 5 year old granddaughter told her aunt,"My mommy has whiskers on her legs." LOL- Kids are cute!
She is a hoot, let me tell you!! We are learning from her every day. My older son was/is nothing like her in that manner. He is a deep thinker and really never thought of things "off the cuff". Not this one!! Alexis is the total opposite!!

You will never believe what she did last night in WalMart... I was looking at the styrofoam shapes..the cone shapes to be exact. Alexis was beside me checking out the semi circle styrofoam shapes. I started to walk away with my DH and DS but then Alexis said "Wait guys..look" I turned around to see her placing two of the semi-circles flat on the ground, then she reached down and picked them up and put them together to form a ball. Then she looked up and yelled..."Look it's a butt!". I could've died right there! My husband nearly doubled over laughing and he said that he looked at me and he heard me do a "mother's gasp". I was shocked, I couldn't say anything. DH said that the people standing in the isle behind us snickered, too. I can only imagine what they were thinking--like what sort of home is this girl being raised in? I don't have any idea what made her think of that!!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 06-20-2008, 05:58 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Such cute stories!

We travel with our GKs quite often because they live in West Texas and we live in NM. When our DGD was young, she hated traveling. We'd sing songs to keep her busy. One particular trip, I had ran out of songs so I started singing to the tune of, "Deep in the Heart of Texas." I made up words such as, "A cow goes moo, a dog goes ruff, deep in the heart of Texas." Then, I go, Dad goes boo, and Mom goes..." that is where I got stuck. As I was trying to think of a word to go with what Mom says, my DGD said, "Grrrrrr," LOL My DH and I laughed so hard we cried. I told my DD that she must be crumpy quite often!

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 06-21-2008, 09:56 AM
FamilyCorner Addict

Can't remeber which of my nieces said this but once I was pushing her in a cart in Walmart, she patted my chest and said "You have boops".