Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Funny Things Kids Say

Funny Things Kids Say Kids say the funniest things! Whether it's improper pronounciations or hilarious mishaps, they crack us up! What did your child say today?

Old 02-22-2003, 03:06 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

funny things kids say

I am 64yo and have an adopted 5 yo son. I have arthritis and some days are bad but most are good days.Last week on a bad day I ask."Timmy, wonder why I feel so bad?" And w/out blinking an eye he said,"maybe you have a cavity." We had a good laugh and I felt better.
Old 02-22-2003, 04:33 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Too Cute!~
I hope you are feeling better!
Kids are so sweet and honest.
I remember my Nicholas George (when he was 4) saying something so adorable.
I had told him earlier about his taste buds, and what they do.
Later he came to me and said "Mama, you know those bumps on my tongue..." I said "Yes, Nicky, your taste buds?"
"Yeah those!" (he replied) "Which one is cookie?"
Precious.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:10 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle

That is just so cute!
I hope you gave him a real cookie
Old 06-27-2003, 08:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

OK this just happened recently so I am still laughing myself to tears (now that I'm over the embarrassment).

Our new library in town is 4 stories tall and is built round. The atrium part goes all the way up so basically you can look down from any floor to see all the way down. This is where you check out books etc.-right in the middle on the main floor.

Crowded day, we are checking out and my 3yo says (not in her quiet library voice) "MOM I HAVE A BUGGER" and sticks out her finger for me and everyone else to see!!! Keep in mind the layout of everything, of course what she says echoes all the way up

Young guy checking our books stifles his laughter and hands me a kleenex, you see he has a kid too. Well we hurried out of there and didn't go back for 2 weeks in case someone remembered us!
Old 06-27-2003, 11:02 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle

That must have been so embarrassing, but it brought to mind, My sisters youngest sons antics. He has always been the funniest most mischievious of her kids, well one day when he was about three she was grocery shopping and he started singing Monster Mash very loudly she told him to stop singing, and he did but then he started singing a song he had learned from his oldest brother

He started singing/screaming .......... "Everybodys doin it , doin it, doin it" at which point my Sister quickly put her hand over his mouth and said "NO dont sing that " and took her hand away at which he immediately, without hesitation finished .......... "Pickin their nose and chewin it chewin it" She hurried to the check out, all the while trying to hush him and the second she took her hand away he would pick right up and keep singing! But now we laugh ;-)
Old 06-28-2003, 12:31 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I think kids like an audience, maybe its the age thing...? My oldest when about 3-4 used to go around singing Christmas carols (didn't matter what time of year). I usually shushed her in the stores then realized that if I was walking around shopping (w/o kids) I'd think it was cute. I had a lot of older folks come up to me one holiday season teary eyed thanking her for the entertainment, being the season and grandkids maybe far away from them. I didn't quiet her as much after that.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

On July 4th, after watching the local parade and the temp. rising to around 100. We were walking to the truck that my husband had to park about 1/2 mile away. My 5 yr old DD, who is not a walker...just does not like to walk....and when she gets hot is pretty much done with anything. Announces that she is tired and wants me to carry her. I say I know you are tired and sweating but we only have a little way to go, you will be ok. Come on I will hold your hand and we will walk together. She then says to me, "I am not sweating I am just humid!" I thought the man walking in frint of us was gonna fall over giggling. Kids are funny.
Old 08-18-2003, 09:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

My oldest dd, who was 3 at the time, was getting ready for a nap. She asked for a drink of ice water before she laid down and I indulged her. I was getting ready to put it in the fridge to keep it cold for her. She saw me and BEGGED me to leave it on the table. "That way when I'm done with my nap I can get a drink", she insisted. I again indulged her in this - she REALLY needed to take a nap (It was summer time and I was pg so I wanted a nap too.) Upon waking, my dd got that drink she wanted left on the table. After just one drink she announced, "Mommy, my water is soggy!" Immagine that SOGGY water!
Old 09-03-2003, 07:32 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Exclamation Kids

Today I took my DS out to lunch after Kindergarten class and when we headed for the car afterward I commented on how the driver next to us had parked so badly, leaving very little room for me to get in.

Brian's comment: "Well, I guess they didn't know a fat person was driving."

Gotta love 'em!
Old 10-26-2003, 07:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

blushing KIDS ARE SOMETHING...

MY GRANDSON, TAYLOR, ALSO 5 AND IN KINDERGARTEN CAME HOME LAST WEEK WITH A BOOK FOR HIS MOMMMY TO READ TO HIM. WELL SHE SAID THAT SHE GOT TO THE THIRD PASGE OR SO AND TAYLOR SAID "MOMMA YOU AREN'T READING THAT BOOK RIGHT..." SHE ASKED HIM WHY HE SAID THAT???? HIS REPLY WAS "BECAUSE, YOU DIDN'T LICK YOUR FINGER BEFORE YOU TURNED THE PAGES....."

(HE MUST HAVE BEEN PAYING CLOSE ATTENTION TO HIS TEACHER ANYWAY!!!)

Unknown