Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Funny Things Kids Say

Funny Things Kids Say Kids say the funniest things! Whether it's improper pronounciations or hilarious mishaps, they crack us up! What did your child say today?

Old 10-18-2002, 05:49 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky Out Of The Mouth Of Babes!

Yes..kids say the darndest things.. Do any of you remember

Art Linkletter with his TV program called, "House Party"...and I think later on through the years.. he also had a program something about "Kids still say the darndest things"..I know he had a bood with that same title. maybe theat is what I am referring to for the latter program.

I have a couple cute ones..

When my daughter now,29..was about 4 yrs. old.. I was going to a Chiropractor..he had retired and was using his house as his office for only a few patients.

We went for an appointment with this Dr. and while I was laying on the table with the sun lamp on my back..he had a rectangular massager and working my back over with it.. he had to go check on something cooking on the stove..so he gave my daughter the massager and showed her how to use it.. she did that for a couple minutes..then she asked me if she could stop, I asked her why she wanted to stop.. she said, " because it makes my hands nervous"... ones' hands viberates or shakes when usuing a heavy-duty massager like he had...lol! I thought that was cute!

I was with my friend when she took her 4 yr. old and 2 yr. old for their physical checkup and shot updates... the Dr. was checking her eyes and asked her what a certain letter was.. when he came to the " t" ....she said "Jesus"...how is that one! lol!

When my grandaughter was just beginning to talk...I would say, "Your a stink-pot!" She would come back to me and say, "No...you a stink-pot"...lol!

Out of the mouth of Babes!! lol!

Have a good day!

Attached Images

boppy

My Poem Website:

http://brendapoemcorner.homestead.com/titlepage.html
Old 11-19-2002, 02:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Our neighbor's 4 year old boy was up on the lawn mower with my Dad ( on my Dad's lap and had an arm around him and the blades were turned OFF ) when the engine decided to go. As my Dad and I were checking it out, he asked if were going to "take it to the twack-tor hop-pital" ? We about keeled over !

Old 12-19-2002, 07:20 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Funny things kids say

When my now 13 year old son was 3 he passed gas in the bathtub, and jumped up and turned around looking with a horrified look on his face and yelled "where did the fart go?"

When my oldest two were about 3 & 4 we got them a new swing set. My son stuck his head in the teeter totter, and slid it down not realizing that the bars narrowed as they got lower. He got his head "stuck". My older daughter (4) was trying to help him, she said I'll go get mom, he said, "No, don't tell mom, I'm stuck". I was watching through the window the whole time and he didn't know it.

My now 2.5 yo dd, can not say Moose she says moof, she thinks that reindeer are moose, needless to say this is so cute, especially right now, being christmas!!!!

I am so sure, I will think of more of these to post...and get more...kids are so funny, and I Love them!!!!

karen

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 12-27-2002, 10:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I think my 3 grandkids are funny. Many days (being the care provider 24/7) I want to give them away but I love them dearly and find them to be endlessly entertaining, which is about the only thing that saves them from being given away much of the time. What would I do for free entertainment if I did?

We went to Cracker Barrel for dinner last night and 5 year old Irene, who loves the place was so excited that she couldn't pronounce it correctly. This restaurant will now be forever known by this family as "Crackle Barrow".

I was recently helping her shower when she reminded me that she needed to "wash her underpits". I will never be able to apply deodorant to my underarm or armpits again. From now I will be deodorizing the underpits.

Irene is a character who keeps us in stitches so no surprise when last night brought the most recent and by far most hysterical new term. Two of my daughters and I somehow got all three children to calm down and watch TV with us before bed. I suspect the satisfying meal that we had just enjoyed at Crackle Barrow had sedated them. Of course the 30 minute wait that involved everyone in a constant game of "catch me if you can" with a hungry and wired 19 month old Jarod helped. At any rate we were all settled comfortably in chairs with kids sprawled all over us while we watched "The Count of Monte Christo", a movie I highly recommend if you haven't seen it yet. Without giving away the plot I'll just say there came a point in time that the young hero was sporting a long beard and moustache. Irene started
talking to her mom but being engrossed in the movie I didn't pay much attention until I heard "nose beard". Her mom started laughing and asked if she meant moustache. We were all laughing then, so hard in fact that I nearly dropped a sleeping Jarod off of my lap.
NOSE BEARD?! I now have a new personal favorite. That one may even have earned her a lifetime pass on being given away. I seriously doubt that even Irene can top that one but only time will tell.

Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 12-30-2002, 04:23 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My now nearly 8yo used to think that mums car went faster than dads car because my registration sticker on the front windscreen said 10th month and dads said 9th month therefore he concluded 10 is bigger than 9 and mine went faster. Had to give him points for thinking.
Old 12-30-2002, 06:25 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I guess during the Christmas vacation my children watched too much TV...The TV commercial for the Paul McCartney CD...when they sing "Band on the Run" I hear my son singing "Man on the Run"...Then later I heard him singing "Hey June...."

My 8yo wanted to know why they say "Marvin" when they advertise toilet paper....It is the advertisement for Charmin TP (of course) My sister has a boyfriend Marvin.

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 02-27-2005, 06:45 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Well, since my divorce, my kids and I have been living with my mother, in a three brm house. So, my son, being 6, shares my room. I always have to lay down in my bed when I tuck him in-he says he can't go to sleep without me in my bed too-sometimes we talk about the day, or whatever. One night, when he'd had enough of my ramblings. he says "What's a man gotta do to get some sleep around here? Can't you see I'm tryin' to get some sleep?"
how did I not know that?
Old 04-03-2005, 04:43 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Whenever I go through a toll booth I think of my GDD ...now 23..who when she was four asked me why I was putting money in the bin..I explained that the county used the money to improve the roads...she said..."Well then, grandma, don't put it in because they sure aren't fixing the roads"......

Old 04-03-2005, 12:38 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

you ought to tell the DOT that!!!
Old 01-22-2006, 12:36 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hmmm.. bumping this one up as I like reading them. My dd said something the other day and I could not find the thread.....now I can't remember what she said. Guess it is one of those "senior" moments.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~