Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Funny Things Kids Say

Funny Things Kids Say Kids say the funniest things! Whether it's improper pronounciations or hilarious mishaps, they crack us up! What did your child say today?

Old 12-27-2008, 09:01 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Who got the dog pregnant?

My nine-year-old step-son Dustin could not wait to return to mine and his father's home so that he could tell us that his beloved miniature Red Heeler Rosie had puppies a week prior. Being a mini, I was bemused by the possibility of a suitable mate on the farm where Dustin lived with his mother. Although something nagged at me not to ask, a smile curled my lips and I said very sweetly, "Who was the daddy?" Had Rosie been a human I would not ever have uttered the question, but I was trying my best to make conversation with Dustin. To my surprise, it was not an acceptable question for a canine either. Apparently insulted, Dustin glared at me and I feared that I had opened a conversation best left to his biological mother and father a few years down the road. "I don't know," Dustin replied. "We're still trying to figure that out." Apparently, unable to learn from my first blunder I soldiered on. "What do you mean?" Nodding his head with pride he stated, "well, it's either me or Beau (his mother's boyfriend) because Rosie sleeps with me, but she is closest to Beau." Grin now gone, I stared slack-jawed at my step-son. He had been to school for a week now post-birth and had apparently, this whole time, believed that he had possibly fathered a litter of puppies barring a paternal upset by Beau. Lesson learned. I closed my mouth, buttoned my lip and left the rest of that conversation to his dad!

Amy Warwick
[link removed by ajrsmom. Please do not promote your websites within the body of the posts. You can post the link to your website in your signature line. If you have any questions, please contact me. Thanks, Tami ]

Last edited by ajrsmom; 12-27-2008 at 01:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

That is so funny! I even read it to my hubby.

Missing my Mom...1/15/07 ~ 1/15/16
Nine years without my best friend

**.ƸӜƷ**
Old 01-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thank you!

Dval,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Keep a watch out for what my other son said when my mom started gaining wight from menopause. I still haven't recovered from that one. I will post it in a couple of days. i have kept a list of the things my kids say since they started talking. There is a reason I have curly hair!

All the best,

Amy

http://amywarwick.com
Old 01-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Amy,

Did your step son ever learn the true cause of a dog having puppies?

Old 01-04-2009, 08:04 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Did my son ever learn about the birds, the bees, and the dogs

Dawn,

Yes, my husband and I finally had to set him down and told him. In a step-family, things of this nature take time. You have to make sure that that the other part of the parenting block is okay with the discussion - and okay with you as the step-parent having "that" discussion. However, being concerned about him going back to school with the pride of a new father I pushed the issue through the proper channels in about half the normally allotted time and we had him straight by the end of the weekend. At the conclusion, and the normal parental conversation ender of "Do you understand what I'm talking about?" his cheeks were a little red, but I cannot tell you if that was from embarrassment or disappointment.

I brought it up the other day, after I wrote this piece, and again he turned red - this time clearly from embarrassment.

Amy

http://amywarwick.com

Last edited by Amy Warwick; 01-04-2009 at 08:07 AM.