Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Funny Things Kids Say

Funny Things Kids Say Kids say the funniest things! Whether it's improper pronounciations or hilarious mishaps, they crack us up! What did your child say today?

Old 04-29-2003, 04:54 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Being two, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Maybe when it happens, you just quietly remind her that yes, that's what it is, but instead of announcing it to the world, she should just say "excuse me". At this age, they have no concept of what's inappropriate--all we can do is grin and bear it lol!! No need to be embarrassed--anyone who has or is around kids knows lol!! But by starting now, by the time she gets to the age where it starts to matter, she'll be saying "excuse me". My ds is 2 1/2 and does it already--after collapsing on the floor in hysterics because he thinks it's funny that "my butt is beeping", as he puts it.
Old 04-29-2003, 04:59 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Toot is a cuter word than the actual word at least. She actually thinks sometimes when she "toots" that she has gone potty and asks me to change her diaper. I check it and there is nothing there and she then says oops fart.
Old 04-29-2003, 05:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

chuckle Too Funny!

These stories are so funny ladies... I still have tears in my eyes from laughing -- I think the one that got me the most was the Christmas song in church!!
anyhoo, when my son was about 3 of 4, we were at a graduation party and my husband introduced our son to an old family friend with a very distinct feature.... well, when introduced, the only thing my son said (and VERY loudly) was "WOW, your nose is HUGE!" I wanted to die! Luckily, he had a very good sense of humor and replied with "that's because I've been punched in the face so many times!"

Keep your words soft and tender as you may have to eat them tomorrow!
Old 04-29-2003, 05:23 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thats cute.... My daughter hasn't gotten to the point very she can say tooo much. She wont actually be 2 til June 5th. Luckily your friend did have a good sense of humor.
Old 04-29-2003, 05:47 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

My 2 yr old, will say excuse me when he burps or toots. Its funny as I didnt even realize he knew to do that! When he does say excuse me though there is a big smile or a giggly excuse me. Potty humor at what age does it end if ever my dh is now 44 and still has it from time to time!!!

My most embarrsing moment thus far in my life was when my cousins son kept touching himself down there, I asked him twice if he had to go potty he said no. Well then he did it again I decided to ask one more time. He looked up at me and in his loudest voice said. NO Aunt Leighann my penis just itches! Of course I just wanted to hide as this was in front of about 15 people and I was still fairly new to the family. He will be 13 this year, maybe I should share this story with him. Nah not yet maybe at 21! lol
Leighann
Old 04-29-2003, 06:13 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Sharing Stories

At least wait til he has his 1st girlfriend...
Old 08-18-2003, 08:38 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

blushing

About a year ago, when I was still selling AVON, I was going door to door handing out books. It was winter and we had gotten quite a bit of snow a couple of days before. Anyway at one house (kinda out in the country - so I had driven there) there were 2 boys playing out in the snow and I asked if there mom was home. They said that mom had just gone to bed, but dad was up. I went to the front door and knocked (the door bell was covered in ice and couldn't be rung). "Dad" must have thought I was the boys. And he had OBVIOUSLY just gotten out of the shower, because he as he came around the corner to answer the door the only thing he was wearing was a surprised expression! I I couldn't run to the car very fast (their drive was a sheet of ice), so I just stood there. An older brother came to the door and trying to hold in his laughter took my AVON book. Funny I never got an order from them. ;-)

Being a mom of 4 (2 boys) I have seen it all, but not on a total stranger.
Old 08-18-2003, 04:19 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

haha that was cute!! :)

Well i'm only 15 so I don't have any kids but I do have something to share. My mom is redoing the whole house. And she was at the point of working on her bedroom and needed more sheeting for the wall. I have a friend, Elena, over at the time and my little brother(7 years old! and annoying lol) was home. And I didn't really want to stay there with him cause last time I did something got broke and I got the blame lol so Elena and I decided that we would just go to town with her. Well, while my mom was inside, Elena and I(being typical teen girls) were checkin all the guys out in the place lol. There were some hot ones too!! LOL! Well I was like omg look at him!! And shes like wow I like his sunglasses....who cares about the glasses?! lol, he was the cute thing. But since it was like 90 deg. outside we had all the top down on the car. And Elena was like, what about him and I was like hes ok I guess. Then out of no where my brother YELLS "Allyssia there is the guy you said was really hot!!" Omg!! talk about wanting to disappear!! And since there weren't many people outside at that point, all knowing, the hot guy heard my brother and stopped. He turned bright red though!! So it was all good, but not what I wanted to happen!!!!
Old 08-18-2003, 05:14 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

911chick
all I can say is "Brothers" and that they haven't picked up their act over the years.
Mine embarrased my as the guy was picking me up for my gr12 formal (graduation?). Your time will come when you can embarrass him big time;-)

Vjumpstart
Now that makes me want to take up selling Avon

Old 08-18-2003, 07:14 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

haha yeah.....

And I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT DAY TO COME!!!!!!!! LOL!! thanks, Allyssia ;-)