Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Funny Things Kids Say

Funny Things Kids Say Kids say the funniest things! Whether it's improper pronounciations or hilarious mishaps, they crack us up! What did your child say today?

Old 04-16-2003, 09:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

lkspur66

Out of the mouths of babes.

Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 04-28-2003, 10:53 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

My dd, 5, told her Uncle, who was in from out-of-town the following two weeks ago.
"When we go down to the lake house anyone can come in Mom's room and sleep with her. But at home only Daddy is allowed to sleep with her."

Needless to say I got a lot of ribbing when I came to get her, they were at Grandma's. DH does not go down to the lake house as much due to his allergies and therefore the kids get to sleep with Mom if they want.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 04-29-2003, 03:22 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Tell the truth and shame the devil!!

Just recently, my ds got a good one on our neighbor, who has this annoying habit of trying to pull my son's pants down. Being as we've been working on not opening the door for a stranger, what to do if a stranger offers a ride, etc, AND what to do if someone touches you inappropiately(using the bathing suit rule), the last time the guy did it, Vince walked up to the police chief and reported the guy!! I didn't try to explain it to the chief, either--I've been trying for a while to get the neighbor to stop doing it(Nice guy, and I know it's all in fun, but still....)

It was funny, listening to him trying to explain to the cops why he wants to pull the pants off of a 5 year old!! He didn't get in trouble this time, but I think he got the point!! He even was glad that my son has learned "The policeman is your friend!!"
Old 04-29-2003, 03:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Woo hoo! Way to Mrs Maniac! Your son handled that wonderfully. I'll bet he has no more problems with the neighbor now.

My youngest dgd (just turned 6) is learning aobut the inapprpriate touch in kindergarten and now won't let anyone touch her underpits! (her term for underarms). She's very ticklish and even if you need to touch them for cleaning or straightening a shirt, etc she tells you hand off her "private area!"

Jayne

Old 04-29-2003, 04:25 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Nagymom--it's too funny. The guy won't even let the kids sit on his lap anymore!! He reads to all the kids, makes sound effects and such--now he makes them sit on the floor lol!! Actually, he and his wife just had a baby and for various reasons(all stupid!!) the FIA took the baby away. They are working on getting him back, and having a complaint about "touching" would not help at all. So he's being very careful.

Another one my little darling did was to answer the phone yesterday with the announcement, "You'd better not be a "F'n" telemarketer". After I grabbed the phone and spoke to an extremely surprised grandma, we had a long chat about things to say and things to not say!! Seems as though Daddy has been getting annoyed by the phone ringing constantly and spouts of that particular phrase as he picks up the phone.:mad: I had a chat with him, too....
Old 04-29-2003, 04:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Quote:
Seems as though Daddy has been getting annoyed by the phone ringing constantly and spouts of that particular phrase as he picks up the phone.
My ex's brother used to use that word around my oldest dd (she's now 29) when she was 2. She picked it up and I thought we would never break her of it. I wanted to wash HIS mouth out--he thought he was funny. I thought and think he's a jerk!

Jayne

Old 04-29-2003, 04:35 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Everytime my daughter passes gas she says fart.... Really loud. Even in stores or at restaurants. Does anyone have any ideas how to break her of this? Please help
Old 04-29-2003, 04:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

How old is your dd? My 6 and 7 yo dgd's think potty humor is the FUNNIEST form of entertainment. I laugh sometimes but try to impress on them that there are times when it's inappropriate--like at the dinner table. This really makes their Bapa :mad: .

Jayne

Old 04-29-2003, 04:43 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

My daughter is 2. She continues to do it because most people laugh when she says it. I know it sounds so cute out of a toddler but I wish she could say something else. It gets to be embarassing.
Old 04-29-2003, 04:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Quote:
It gets to be embarassing.
Oh don't I know! That sure falls in the category for this thread. We taught ours to say "toot" but along the way they learn the real name then it's that forever.

Jayne