Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Funny Things Kids Say

Funny Things Kids Say Kids say the funniest things! Whether it's improper pronounciations or hilarious mishaps, they crack us up! What did your child say today?

Old 01-17-2003, 06:08 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Mrs Maniac
I truely love that line of the song.
Do you know how the other 11 days went or don't we wan to know?

Old 01-17-2003, 06:20 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Question

lol, I would imagine after the first day of christmas, the singer probably forgot what his true love gave to him on the remaining eleven days!
Old 01-18-2003, 10:02 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

I'm not sure how the rest of the song went--it was pretty bad, though lol!! The radio station wouldn't play it until after 8:00, and they are pretty liberal with their programming.

Next Christmas, we will work on a different song for sure
Old 03-24-2003, 07:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I am known as Nana to my grandkids. Oldest dgd Alexis named me this. She also named dh Bapa. We love our names.
I waited for a long time to hear it and when I finally did, got a big kick out of hearing, "Nana can I have a banana?" It's the little things that are so much fun.

Yesterday afternoon dgs Jarod who will be 2 next month was enjoying one of what turned out to be one of many bananas. (He stole an entire bunch from the counter and ate them
all-leaving the peels intact. ) I walked up as he was eating it and he excitedly showed me his treat. We could literally see the light bulb go on when he realized that he was showing his banana to Nana. He stopped, looked at me then his banana and started chattering so fast we couldn't understand
but I just know it was something funny about Nana and banana.

Kids ARE fun most of the time. There is one story involving my youngest daughter Stacie though that I don't think is very funny almost 16 years later. She on the other hand when told this story recently, thought it was hysterical. I have had it buried in my memory for a long time and something triggered it recently. I don't know what did it but wish it had stayed buried.

This happened just a short time before we returned stateside from Germany. Our oldest daughters Mistie and Brooke had already returned to the states to their grandparents
in Georgia to start school. Dh was on an extended field trip and my best friend had just returned to the states as well. Stacie was 5 years old and in Kindergarten. Our neighbors across the hall from us had 3 boys. The oldest was Mistie's age making him a very young teen. We had all been stationed at Ft. Hood, Texas together so knew this family fairly well.

Ohhhh I still want to crawl under the desk as I type this.

With it being just me and Stacie at home for long periods of time I got to be very casual and obviously careless. The front door of our small quarters opened into the living room which led straight to the hallway so when the door was open you were looking back towards the bedrooms. One day after taking a shower I just grabbed a towel and made a dash for my bedroom which
was caddy cornered at the opposite end of the hallway from the bathroom.
Unfortunately for all of us involved I hadn't heard the doorbell and just as I ran out of the bathroom Stacie opened the front door--wide open. There I was dripping, naked and smack in the middle of the hallway. I whirled around to see the neighbor's teenage son standing there, mouth open as wide as the
door. Ooooh mama I was hoping the floor would just open and swallow me. I sort of suspect the neighbor kid was hoping for the same to happen to him. I also can easily imagine that he's still in therapy to this day.

Now that this horrible memory has surfaced, next time Stacie complains that my weirdness has rubbed off on her I'll just smile and tell her it's a mother's revenge.

Kids are so much fun. hahahaha
Ugh.

Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 03-24-2003, 10:35 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

OOoh Nagymom!! I would have just died there in the hallway!

I almost got busted at the inlaws'--thanks to ds1. There have been several fairly sarcastic comments directed at me from my sil--mainly things about moving to "farm country" and how she'd never be able to live out here. Last year I had offered her some veggies from our garden. Turns out she doesn't eat stuff unless it comes from a store. So when the inlaws found out that I'm going to be raising chickens for eggs and meat, the question was raised,"Whatever possessed you to do that?" My little darling piped up with, "It's orgasmic, dummy!!" Meaning "organic". Then he went on a tirade about "certain people" being too snooty to appreciate the work and consideration offered them by others." I was ready to leave after that lol!! My mil has not let me forget....
Old 03-24-2003, 10:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Quote:
"It's orgasmic, dummy!!"
Leave it to kids!!

Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 03-31-2003, 11:59 AM
New Neighbor

Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

i can tell i'm going to like this particular forum! my sons can say the most mortifying funny things! lol

one time we were at a car show and as we were walking up the street, the most beautiful, tall, stately woman was walking down. i am not sure her descent, but she had on a lovely brocade bolero, silky pants, and this neat turban thing (the hard kind that you set down on your head.) well i saw a car i wanted to look at across the street and tugged my oldest sons hand to cross (he was about 5 at the time) he started screaming and crying "no mom! stop! wait-PLEASE PLEASE we HAVE to go back!" i mean, everyone was looking at this little child screaming in the middle of the road-and i kneeled down and i was like "oh my gosh honey! WHATS WRONG!????" he cries to me....."oh please mom! i just saw a genie and i want to ask her if i can get my wish!"

rofl. i could have just died
Old 03-31-2003, 12:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

...Ahhhhh that is sooooooo cute!!!!!!

LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN THE SAND, AND TO CARVE YOUR BENEFITS IN STONE
Old 04-01-2003, 03:07 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oh that's too cute!! Ds1 did something similar in the bank--there was an African-American guy in line ahead of us dressed in these baggy pants and a vest, totally bald and huge gold earrings. Ds1 kept hollering "Genie!! Genie!!" and pointing. Fortunately the guy had a sense of humor lol!!

emajmom--I love your sig line!! That's exactly the way I'm feeling today!
Old 04-16-2003, 09:26 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle one of the best

Hi, guys, these have been great stories. How funny our children are. We had this one happen just the other day, and we are all still laughing about it. My youngest, age 5, while riding in the car announced... "mommy, I know what catipillars grow up to be.... They grow up to be butterflies" That's right, I replied. And she said, "I know what baby horses grow up to be.... they grow up to be daddy horses and mommy horses."
"That's right, " i said. and then I said to her "I know what babies grow up to be"
She said "what" and I said "Pain-in-the-butts !!"... HA HA we laughed and she said no way.
Then a couple of days later out of the blue she said, "Mommy, I know what Mommies grow up to be."
I said, "oh, really....what's that."
and she replied.... "They grow up to be Pain-IN-The-Butt GRANDMA's !!!"
I laughed so hard, I about fell down. My soon to be husband also thought it so funny, and couldnt wait to tell his new mother-in-law. She also thought it to be funny, but we have laughed and laughed and laughed.