Please Share Your Favorite Blueberry Recipes

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • It's Blueberry Season!

Blueberries are among natures most powerful antioxidant compounds, according to a recent laboratory analysis of about 40 fruits, vegetables, and juices by the US Department of Agriculture.

Antioxidants work by neutralizing unstable free radicals- oxygen molecules that can be produces by environmental pollutants as well as the body's own metabolism. It is believed that by eating a diet rich in foods containing antioxidants, it may be possible to prevent cancer, heart disease, and other ailments. In addition, some flavonoids such as those found in grape juice, have been shown to inhibit the ability of blood cells know as platelets from sticking to artery walls, lessening the chance of heart disease and stroke.

Please share your favorite Blueberry recipes with us!!

Check out these great recipes at Moms Menu-FC's sister site
  • Blueberries in smoothies
    I love using frozen blueberries in smoothies! I use 1 cup of fat free milk, a large handful of frozen blueberries (maybe 3/4 cup?) and some sort of flavored yogurt. Now that's the fun part, picking the flavor of the yogurt. I have used the following yogurt flavors with blueberries:
    • lemon
    • cherry
    • cherry-vanilla
    • vanilla
    • strawberry
    • pina colada
    There have probably been more, but those are the ones I can remember right off the top of my head
  • MMMM! A lemon-blueberry smoothie!! That sounds really good.

I think that I will add that to my list!!
  • I like to add blueberries to tightwad gazette breakfast muffins recipe. The only problem is that they are so expensive here, especially fresh ones.......Even my fusspot children seem to like them as long as you dont mention them! I love them myself, mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!
  • Yeah, they are expensive here most of the time too. Right now though they arent too bad.
  • Here's one of my favorites!!

Blueberry Raspberry pie:

pastry for double crust pie
    1 egg white
    2 T. water, divided
    1 cup plus 1 T. sugar, divided
    1/4 c. cornstarch
    1 t. grated lemon peel
    1 t. vanilla
    1/4 t. cinnamon
    3 c. fresh blueberries
    1 c fresh raspberries

Line a 9 inch pieplate with bottom pastry. Beat the egg white and 1 T. water, brush over crust. Set aside.

In a bowl combine 1 cup sugar, cornstarch, lemon peel, vanilla and cinnamon. Gently stir in the berries. Pour into the crust.

Roll out the remaining pastry to fit top of pie, place over the filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Brush with remaining water. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.

Bake at 400 for 40 to 50 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.

Hugs, train

• I apoligize if this is already posted here I should have checked first, anyhow this is easy (my 2 GD's can do this with very little help at home, except for the stove part)

Mini CheesesCakes using Fresh or canned Blueberries

Box Nabisco (or whatever brand) vanilla wafers
    8oz cream cheese
    2 eggs3/4 cup sugar
    1 teasp vanilla
    21 ounce can blueberries (Or Fresh ones)I even use canned cherry pie filling, or pineapple or whatever you would like, also can do a choc chip one m-m-m-m)
    Preheat oven to 350
    Beat together until light and fluffy the eggs,sugar, cream cheese vanilla
    Put foil lined cupcake wrappers in muffin tin, now some people crush up the wafers, I dont, I just put 1 whole cooky in the cupcake paper. Top with the cream cheese mix til its about 2/3 full. Bake 20 min. Cool (refrigerate) and than top with the blueberries or whatever you want.If you do the choc chip ones you mix the choc chips right in with the cream cheese filling and bake.

MMMM now I want one, lol
    Hugs Sandie
  • There is a blueberry farm just 15 minutes from here and I will get 4 quarts every 4 or 5 days. We love fresh blueberries. I even took 8 quarts on the plane with me last summer for my mom!!! In Ontario we have lots of wild blueberries too and vendors are always set up on the roadside selling.

I love blueberry pancakes. Here is a syrup to go with them.

Blueberry Syrup

1 pint blueberries
    1 cup maple syrup

Bring to a boil in saucepan. Lower heat and simmer till most of the fruit has burst. Remove from heat use a potatoe masher to smoosh the berries. Store in fridge for up to 2 days. Will thicken as it cools.

Hugs Debbie
  • So easy too Deb, Im gonna have to try that!!!

I just ordered some blueberry scented oil to make soap. Ive never tried, but Anna(OSI) gave me th link to a site that sells the oil.I got some bluberry soap when I was down Cape Cod in a gift shop and it smelled so good, it even made my suitcase smell nice!!Im dying to make the soap!!

Hugs Sandie
  • Covering Veggies
    I use blueberries in smoothies also. I use 8 ounces or so yoghurt, 1/2 cup or so of OJ, bunch of blueberries, and a handful of fresh spinach cooked and drained (maybe 1/4 cooked), or 1/2 cup peas in place of spinach. OJ and blueberries cover the textures and flavor of the veggies. I've also done cooked carrots and cooked squash. You could also add other fruits, but in order to do veggies, the blueberries are the best. Bart eats lots of veggies this way. It's very filling and satisfying.