Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Frugal Living

Frugal Living Whether you are searching for frugal dinners or just want to learn how to save some money, this is the forum you want!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 03:51 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

What Did You Do Frugal Today?-November 2009

For encouragement in frugal ways--large and small--look no further. This is where we share helpful hints for stretching our money, saving time and making sure we don't waste resources.
Remember, "frugal" does not mean "don't spend money!" It means "be wise with what you spend!"
What did YOU do frugal today?

Anna
Old 10-31-2009, 04:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Did not leave the house so no money spent. Did not have to spend $$ on candy as unfortunately no children come down here
Old 10-31-2009, 04:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Well this must be a banner year for trick or treaters in my neighborhood. We are now up to 14 kids. Don't know why, but they just don't come up the hill the the last 2 streets of our sub division.

Frugal for me was cooking 12lbs of chicken. Made chicken stock, then streaded and diced up chicken to use later for casseroles, enchalada, and chicken and dumplins. The chicken and dumplins were for tonight. Made a double batch and will freeze some for a meal next week.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Frugal going bowling with family Had a Holloween Pizza party for up to 6 for $39.00. You got to bowl 2 hours of bowling a large 1 topping pizza and a pitcher of pepsi. And shoe rental. (Kellie and I have our own shoes.) We played 3 rounds each plus 1 more togather 13 games total. I figured the prices of each game and shoe rental 2 pair and the cost of the pizza and drink we saved over 1/2 I also has a $5.00 off coupon too..

Last edited by tree3branches; 10-31-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:52 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

tree3branches

Good frugal bowling and added benefit, exercise! so frugal healthy too.

Bernice

Awesome on the chickens... we do that alot too it is really a money and time saver. We'll be eating leftovers all weekend that I made last week probably Monday too before I have to start cooking and preparing food again.

Not much frugal here today... all meals at home, no gasoline used for the vehicles, no money spent except paying some bills online. It's just been a lazy kind of day.. it's been rainy and gloomy outside so we've just been hanging out getting rest. Dh got his flu shot yesterday so he's been pretty tired today.

Well off to check on laundry... I guess that was somewhat unfrugal since I couldn't line dry everything.

Anna
Old 10-31-2009, 05:20 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi! Just subbing. Will be back later!
Jamie.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

What a fun evening Tree.

Anna I took a page from your book and filled the gallon jugs I have with the last of the rain water and will use it during the week to flush the toilet when I'm home. Will save 30 gallons when I'm finished and I'm thinking about keeping the buckets out until it is freezing to catch and reuse the rain water for awhile.

Received the utility bill today and for mid Sept to mid Oct was $22 less than the month before. Looking forward to the next bill as it should be low as well with no a/c and very little heat.

Roberta
Old 10-31-2009, 08:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Subbing, too tired to talk, believe it or not!

Hugs,
Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

You all are so sweet but I sure cant remember who said what! LOL!

But since you don't mind of I don't remember I'll just be a "drop in frugal girl!" LOL!!

Todays frugal was that mom and dad bought the halloween candy so WE didn't have to buy any! LOL!!

Trick or treating is becoming extinct, I think. Only 5 knocks at mom and dads door and there are lots of kids in their neighborhood.

Skittles, mounds and twix bars left for us!!!!!!!!!!

hugs, train

Old 11-01-2009, 03:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Subbing for now!

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills

Closed Thread