Drive In Movie's - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 07-20-2008, 01:50 PM

Drive In Movie's

How many if any "Drive In" movie theatres do you have in your town?

We used to have 4 but only have one left. We went last night and watched the newest Batman movie "The Dark Night". There were several thousand cars there, this drive in has 2 screens for two different movies. It was so cool seeing all the families there, the kids were so happy and excited.

Anna
Old 07-20-2008, 02:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Oh, I never thought of going to the drive in to see the Batman movie! We have one close to us in the town next to us.

It was a mess around here with everyone trying to get to the theaters to see that movie!!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 07-20-2008, 03:00 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

There is one in Midland, Texas and in Carlsbad, NM. In my opinion, there is no other way to see a movie but to go to the drive-in. I pack our chairs, ice chest full of soft drinks, and a bag with food, snacks, and paper towels and wet wipes. The GKs like it because they can go outside and play with other kids before the movie starts as the one in Texas has playgrounds in front of all 3 screens. We just went night before last.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

We have 1 drive in where we live.....it is only open in the summer and only on weekends. On long weekends they have all nighters. We always take the kids every summer......I love it

hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 07-20-2008, 07:05 PM

DeBora

Wow 3 screens, that must be huge!

Deb

That's what people do here too is pack coolers, lawn chairs, bring their own Donato's or Subway, that kind of thing or of course, make their own dinners. Ours has a swingset area too.

I wish we had more than one. I think ours is only open on the weekends too, used to be way back when it was open every night. They have a big flea market on Wednesday and Saturdays during the day.

Tami

Next big movie, plan to go the kids will love it.

Anna
Old 07-21-2008, 04:54 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Both the theaters in TX and NM have 3 screens. But, the one in TX has a playground area in front of each screen as well as a playground area in front of the concession building! But, it is new and the one in NM has been there since drive-ins were popular back a couple of generations ago. lol
Old 07-21-2008, 05:42 AM

It's too bad some of the big "fast food" restaurants aren't paying more attention to the popularity of Drive In's, that would really boost interests and sales if they were restaurant endorsed.

Anna
Old 07-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Assistant Moderator

Our drive-ins are open in the summer only. We have one a couple towns from us that we have gone to and then there are a couple near our summer cottage in Maine that we go to. They are cheaper than going to the movie theaters and we can bring our own refreshments. When I was a kid we had one in my home town and my mom would take my brothers and me in our pajamas so if we fell asleep we were already ready for bed.

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 07-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

No drive ins here.But the closet thing we get is a movie in the park and there is no charge for that.But it is nice to bring lawn chairs your own food and let the kids run all over in the park.
Mish
Old 07-25-2008, 10:45 AM

Mish

How cool is that! And Sammi I too love to take my own refreshments, we won't even consider going to a cinema... I haven't been to one since the mid 80's, don't like being that close to other people Ugh!

Anna