Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 02-02-2007, 10:24 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing In need of a little bit extra!

There are some really great ideas on this forum of ways to be frugal. And I have done just about everyone. My husband and I both work full time so we are doing good we just watch where we spend our money. We have started to discuss ways to make some extra money from home without it getting in the way of family time. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? We really want to be able to do the extra things like traveling. Thanks for all of you input
Old 02-02-2007, 11:44 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky Here's an idea - Initial Outfitters

My sister was saying the same thing, and last fall she started selling personalized jewelry and gifts with a company called Initial Outfitters. She said that it's a new company, that people love the products, and that it's been easy to make good money with it. Her website is [edited by head moderator. Postings of this type can be considered SPAM, and repeated postings will result in the member being banned. Please contact barbszy if you have any questions.] if you want to see it - I think that she has already made a lot of extra $ - certainly enough to pay for flying her and her 2 kids home to see us several times, and a nice Christmas. She loves it because she does some home parties, but also does catalog parties and on-line parties - so she can make $ while she's with her family. Like I said - she loves it!

I hope this helps you!
Old 02-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

We already have a thread on this subject in the Making Money subforum.

Click here to visit the other thread, which has good information. Hope this helps!
Old 02-03-2007, 06:27 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Sorry! I'm new and didn't know! This was my first post ever!
Old 02-04-2007, 04:29 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Don't worry about it, Baxters_mom We won't kick you out for a mistake.

We just try to keep the place free of "spam" links, because that's not what any of our members want to see here.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:34 AM
Nine Year Member

Janie, I think you might like some of the ideas over on What Did You Do Frugal Today? there are a whole lot of threads with ideas. And we have a coupon exchange also and that really helps on the grocery bills.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 02-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Nine Year Member

My FIL has been doing well selling some extra stuff around the house on EBAY and making some money while decluttering their house.

There are several work from home companies that you can do selling to those people you work with, family, friends and neighbors that wouldn't cut into a lot of your family time. I know this was discussed more in the link that Barb mentioned in the post before.

Roberta
Old 02-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Nine Year Member

I think many people have been successful making crafts and art and selling them at local fairs. I think, check on it, the IRS will allow up to $400 or $600 in extra income this way without having to report it or to collect sales tax on it??

This is probably the right month to begin lining up what shows you'll want to sell at. Consider the booth fee, if any, when you do.

Also, consignment shops will accept items year round. Do a survey of the shop first and see what niche you could fill.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 02-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janies Mom
We have started to discuss ways to make some extra money from home without it getting in the way of family time.
The answer to your question is in your statement above: "without it getting in the way of family time." There's no such thing. If you want to make money, you will have to spend time at it. You may wish to reconsider your criteria! ;-)

Many opportunities present themselves on the internet, and there are a number here on FC. But there are none that you can simply instigate and then sit back and let money roll in! Doesn't happen! You have to put time into it.

Any other methods of earning money will also require time. And the success is almost always dependent upon the amount of time and effort you put into it. The more time and effort, the more return.

So explore and carefully think about what you are willing to sacrifice in order to make a plan work!

Cheerio!
Elizabeth

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
~*~ Money can't buy happiness -- but somehow it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than in a Hyundai. ~*~
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
Old 02-11-2007, 04:11 PM

Ellen is correct, it may vary from state to state, check with your tax preparer.

Anna