Time for Me - Monthly Mom's group - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Friends Friends can be the lifesaving voice on the end of the phoneline, or in many cases, the end of the keyboard.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Time for Me - Monthly Mom's group

I'm thinking of starting a friends club that I will have get together at my house monthly. Each month with something new to do. Example; January - "spa day", using homemade or inexpensive products to pamper ourselves. Hot rocks for our feet, a nail station, facial spot, and a craft spot to make something spa related to take home! I also want to include a meal, I was thinking soups for January, I'll try to have 2-3 to choose from along with bread.

What kind of ideas does everybody have to share that will relate to each month?
Old 01-19-2010, 02:34 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Years ago I had a group of friends we would meet once a month and play bingo. We would switch to a different house each time. The host would have food. We would bring a gift in a bag. The host would pick a theme and send out invitations with the theme and time and date. The gifts were not wrapped just in a paper or plastic bag. We would draw #'s and number the bags. Then everyone would get a gift but as you won bingo you could trade your bag for a different one. It was fun and no kids came along.

We would have themes to go along with the holidays, tea and coffee day, spring garden, spa day. All the items were $ store things and things you had in your house that you never used. It was for fun and not to spend alot of money.

Charlotte
Old 01-19-2010, 03:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thank you so much for that idea. I really like it, I will definately do that atleast one of my months that we get together! I'm not sure my friends would carry on by doing it at their homes. That's my point none of us really have time just for ourselves, so the less time they have in preparing (basically just showing up & having a good time) the more successful I think our group will be. At this point I am making it a priority in my life to find the time for me & my friends. Keep sanity. I still do alot with my family and I feel I deserve this, or atleast NEED this!
Old 01-19-2010, 04:35 AM
Nine Year Member

I think it is a great idea having a set day and time each month would probably help with attendance as they could make it on the calendar for the whole year.

I would ask for help with the food and drinks so all the expense isn't on you. I think the biggest draw back on friends hosting it would be the dreaded "clean the house for guests" that we all tend to think needs to happen. So if you are willing to open your house each week let the other people help with the rest by brining food & drink and maybe some prizes to win.

Roberta
Old 01-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Assistant Moderator

Sounds like fun! I will be looking for my invitation! LOL
Old 01-24-2010, 07:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I agree with the set day of the month, like 3rd Saturday except I think I'm going to make the time flexible due to brunches, outings, supper out.
Although I want to make this as easy as possible for my friends to attend. So I have decided that I want this fellow sisterhood so bad, that I am willing to do all the cleaning/prep, cooking, etc. to make it simple for their busy lives to come. I don't think it will be too much for me. Mostly they'll be simple anyway. From desert & wine playing bingo with gifts floating around like Charlotte mentioned, a spa day with lots of munchies with homemade treatments on our faces and painting our nails, catch a comedy at a club, day at the beach, hike/lunch in the woods, a day shopping at antique stores, movie, etc. I may occasionally ask them to contribute a dish or desert to share but not generally. Ideas along the above line and like Charlotte's would be awesome! Keep em coming!
Old 01-27-2010, 04:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Slightly different, but we have a small craft night night once a month with the Playgroup mums from Church. It is in the playgroup room,. Each person brings whatever craft they are working on (or some just come for the cuppa).
It is always a drag for me to go out onm a Friday night, but I always love it when I am there.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:30 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I do like the craft theme. It reminds me of my MOPS days. I so looked forward to the crafting segment.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Assistant Moderator

What did you decide and how did it work out?