Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Relationships > Family & Friends > Friends

Friends Friends can be the lifesaving voice on the end of the phoneline, or in many cases, the end of the keyboard.

Old 11-16-2004, 06:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Pinkie Winky Hi Friends

Yippee this thread now has action.

I started my Christmas shopping this past May so now I just have to make the list and get things wrapped up. My list will remind me who I bought for and what I bought them.

I have been busy trying to get my house cleaned (fall cleaning) and things organized.

Let's keep on chatting saw this thread was in one of the active for the day! Cool!

Invite your other friends here.

Have a nice Day!

Craftybear (Indiana, USA)
Guardian Angel is my angel nickname as I love to collect postcards. This is a fun way to travel the world.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Pinkie Winky Hi friends,

I'm poppin in to see what everyone has been up to today?

I was just wondering if anyone will be making crafts for Christmas presents this year and if so share your ideas with us.

Last year I bought some $5.00 big tablecloths that has grapes on them, going to cut them apart and make my mom some placemats for her new dining room table. I have never made placemats before so I hope they turn out good.

Craftybear
Guardian Angel is my angel nickname as I love to collect postcards. This is a fun way to travel the world.
Old 11-17-2004, 04:02 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Good morning to all my friends on FC I hope today is a great one for everyone. I got up this morning and baked chocolate chip cookies, did some laundry, got kids off to school hubby off to work, now took a few minutes to see how you all were doing!! I need to get a package ready to go overseas, my neighbors son is stationed in Irqa and I want to send him a few things. Going to send a small Christmas tree and a few fun toys!! I figured if he doesn't want them he can give them to children over there. I'll be sending bubbles, yoyo's, marbles any thing that is fun. You know they have to be so serious all the time I thought this might give him a chance to act like a kid sounds kinda weird I know but I was hoping for a laugh or two.
I'll be giving some homemade gifts this year I make snowmen and have quite a few done so my neices and nephews that are married will get those. They are just blocks of wood painted like snowmen very easy to make and very cheap!!! I also make those for teacher gifts and if I need alittle something extra. Then for some of our friends that don't have anyone to bake cookies for them I do that and give those for Christmas gifts. Now for my one sister I'll make a wreath cause she doesn't have one for her front door.
Well I need to be getting ready for work so I need to get going you all take care and have a great day!!

Rosey
Old 11-17-2004, 07:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hello friends, Today is my 6 years olds birthday my baby.... Its raining here in Mi and no fun. I say i am on here way too much but you guys are great!! It will just be my husband, son and me for Thanksgiving and hubby has to work the night before. So, he'll be sleeping the night away. Oh well cody and i will watch the parade. Tom and i are going to be brave and go shopping on friday the day after Thanksgiving wont that be fun. We need some time alone though!! I'm off to work at the book fair. have agreat afternoon..hugs kim
Old 11-17-2004, 09:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi,Where is everyone today?? Kim I just pm'd you to let you know the Boyds Bear cards are on their way to you!!!I have to go out in awhile to pick up groceries and try and start some Xmas shopping, Im usually full of great ideas for gifts and this year is hard I dont know what to get anyone, and I know I have to start. There will be some good sales the day after Thanksgiving so maybe Ill wait. There just talked myself out of that, for today, LOL.
I think we will just get my parents a Gift Certificate to a restaurant, but sometimes I think by giving a gift certificate it says I didnt want to spend the time looking for something special for you, what do you all think,about giving gift certificates? I actually prefer to be "GIVEN" one that way I can get what I want.

Smiles, Sandie
We all need a little tender luvin BEAR!!
Old 11-17-2004, 10:07 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi all

How is everyone lol
Old 11-17-2004, 10:25 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Renee!!!

Kim happy birthday to your son!!!

On the subject of gift certificates I'm neutral, we have givin them and have received some. I sometime think it makes christmas too commercial. I try so hard not to give them as gifts but there are those times when it can not be avoided. Especially with my family living 3000 miles away. Some times an item can not be shipped so i get them a gift certificate so they can buy the item there. I get a lot of certificates from my daycare kids and I prefer that to smelly soaps and stuff that I can not use, but I would be just as happy with a picture the kids drew and maybe framed. I'm not a big one for wanting gifts, I ask hubby for things we need that I would have to buy anyway. The practical side of me!!! I like to know someone is thi king of me though and this can just be a simple call or note in the mail, just makes my day. Same on my birthday, I love when the kids make me breakfast in bed with an inch of butter on the toast and really chocolate milk. I can't think of a nicer gift than that!!!

Hugs
Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 11-17-2004, 10:36 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hey Renee glad you found the thread,!
I know what you mean about the pictures and the little things, I framed a picture my GD made me for my birthday and it was my favorite gift.Its just so hard to think of gifts to please some people this year and I really will use the gift certificates as a last resort,I just have to get my imagination in GEAR!!!I have made a few of the gifts in a jar for afew people, but they are to just have on hand when we get something unexpected from someone and I want to have a little something to give them.I also made a few of the jars with the potpourri and mini Xmas lights in them, that came out cute

Sandie

We all need a little tender luvin BEAR!!!
Old 11-17-2004, 06:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hello Ladies..sandie where did you get the idea for the jar with the xmas lights..i've never seen that it sounds neat.... hugs kim
Old 11-17-2004, 06:51 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sandie

I bought a book on gifts in jars this year. I thought they would make great teacher gifts, coaches, piano teachers etc. It can get so expensive and I think if the kids help they will all appreciate them.

Kim how was your son's birthday, did he have a great day?? Hope so.

Night all

hugs
Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson