Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Relationships > Family & Friends > Friends

Friends Friends can be the lifesaving voice on the end of the phoneline, or in many cases, the end of the keyboard.

Old 11-16-2004, 07:38 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thanks debknechtel I love to talk so I thought this would be a very good place to do it. LOL
Old 11-16-2004, 07:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

HI Becki, Hi Sueanne

Ditto what Deb said!!! Looking forward to chatting with you all.
Anybody have their Xmas shopping started please dont say you are done, LOL. I picked up a few things this am,last year at this time we were all done Xmas shopping except for the usual last min things.I dont know why I seem so disorganized this year!!

Sandie

We all need alittle tenderluvin BEAR!!!
Old 11-16-2004, 07:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Becki, i'm a talker to!!!! LOL

Sandi, I'm like you usually I have my shopping done and it is even wrapped. I have all my gifts bought to go out of town, just have to wrap and mail them. But I only just started shopping for my 3 kids and hubby!!! Yikes where has the time gone!!! Better get moving......lol

Hugs
Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 11-16-2004, 07:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

LOL, Deb do you think maybe we spend too much time on FC, and that is whay we are behind???I know that is part of it for me, I even let some of the housework go (the stuff no one notices but me) LOL.!!I cant help it, Im always checking off and on most of the day to see what is going on here at FC.

Sandie

We all need a little tender luvin BEAR!!!!
Old 11-16-2004, 07:59 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

No, haven't even started on Christmas shopping yet. I normally wait till the last min. but I need to get out of that. Next year I'm thinking of starting early and just putting stuff back..
Old 11-16-2004, 08:03 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

sandieluvsbears I too think it is b/c of FC. LOL!!!! My house is a total mess now and I keep saying I'll clean in a minute but I don't think that minute has come yet....LOL
Old 11-16-2004, 08:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

How about Thanksgiving, since its only 9 days away, what is everyone doing?? DH and I go to my parents and my DD and GD's go there along with my DB, and Sil and whomever else strays in , LOL.My DM is 1/2 Italian so along with the traditional Turkey and all, we also have Italian food and pastries, and its just a big FEAST!!!Im gaining weight as Im talking about it, LOL.
I just made 2 pans of lasagna, one for dinner tonight and one to freeze to take with me on Thanks giving. DH has to have his Apple pie made by me so I will make that too along with Pumpkin.

Sandie
Old 11-16-2004, 08:23 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sandie

Me spend too much time here!!!!!! Ya think!!!!! LOL

I know that is part of the reason, the other is the fact that I joined martial arts with the kids and train 4 evenings a week and we are gone usually gone one weekend a month for seminars and tournaments. I'm also going to a scrapbook workshop on friday nights. So I think my free time has just gotten really small!!! I'm in town on Monday by myself so I'm going to try and pick up all the things I know i wanted. I'm not out very often without the kids or Mike so it makes it hard.

As for Thanksgiving.....in Canada it has come and gone!!! So for us it is just an ordinary weekend coming up!!! The boys are being graded for their red belts in kobodo(weapons) so we are off to Ottawa Saturday. Friday night we are also in ottawa as I have tickets to go see Great Big Sea. So 2 trips to ottawa in one weekend!!!!! Hope it doesn't snow!!!

Hugs
Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 11-16-2004, 12:05 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Hi Gals, Where is Craftybear now that we have started chatting? Beautiful day here in Florida 75*. Been getting cooler at night had to put the heat on for a few minutes.

Started cleaning out closets and drawers things I hate to do when my Mom is visiting for the winter. Have to clean everything out of the closet so she can hang her clothes when she comes.
Want to start writing my Xmas cards this week so I can get that done. I try not to stay on as much during the day otherwise would not get anything done. I do watch tv with the computer on otherwise would never keep up with everything on FC.

I always make a turkey for Thanksgiving. I am Italian but have stopped eating the full course meals with lasagna or manicotti. Trying to keep my weight down now that I am getting older.

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving Day.
_________
Sueanne
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2004, 04:45 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

hi everyone, I'm Rosey from PA birthdate 2-29-64. I've started shopping but have lots more to do. For Thanksgiving I always cook for ppl that don't have lots of family to visit and we always have a BIG meal and lots of fun. looking forward to getting to know you all.

Rosey