Friendship - Page 6 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Friends Friends can be the lifesaving voice on the end of the phoneline, or in many cases, the end of the keyboard.

Old 11-06-2014, 01:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Ellen: I miss letter writing too. No one seems to want to write a letter because you can send an email which is quicker and free. I think too much available information has hurt relationships with others. Whether others refer to family/friends. Now you have to be on facebook to communicate or you are forgotten.

Pam: I get where you are coming from. I moved from MA. to FL. and I have a couple good friends here but not like I had up north. Which is strange since I moved here in my early 20's and spent more time here as an adult. Yet my childhood friends seem to be stronger. Maybe it's me just always longing to be a Yankee.

Sueanne: I'm glad you've made a friend nearby. My Grandfather outlived all his friends and family. At the end he was the last person standing. I know it was hard for him because he had no one to talk to or relate too. He used to tell me all the time that he had no one left. He didn't understand the new generation at all.

Felicia

Old 11-07-2014, 05:42 AM
Nine Year Member

My mother always complained about that too Felicia. There were two others from her generation but one had alzheimers and the other was physically disabled and in a home far from her. I always wanted her to make friends with the senior center downtown but she was not interested. I think it was a shame. Part of the problem was that once there she wouldn't have transportation home for four hours and sometimes she needed to be home after two hours out. My mother's sister is still alive, the last one, and she is very involved with a family she works for and with her grandchildren. I do wonder sometimes if she feels lonely though now that my mother is gone. No one to speak Italian to anymore!

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 12-16-2014, 08:21 PM
Nine Year Member

Keeping in touch with old friends on Facebook

Been finding a lot of my old friends are using Facebook now. By talking to just one you can locate others you have lost track of since moving away.
Been enjoying seeing younger family friends and their new husband & children. One girl now lives in the next town. We will be getting together. She was very excited too.
_________
Sueanne

Old 12-17-2014, 04:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Very true Sueanne,
I wish I could still write long hand but after just a
few lines my hand is hurting lots. Don't know
why but so far typing does not bother it. But things
like wrapping gifts, clipping coupons it does. But nothing
hurts as much as writing long hand. Trying to get some
Christmas cards written out, love sending and receiving
Old 12-17-2014, 04:07 AM
Nine Year Member

my hands gave way a long time ago, I can type and do other things like my job pipetting, but writing long hand just plain hurts...I still have a letter from a dear old friend who was over 80 when she wrote me...I treasure it as it took her awhile to write it, and that with supervision because she had alzheimers and parkinsons.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 12-20-2014, 03:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I know what you mean by cherishing
that letter. I have all the latest from my beloved
Mama (g-mom) and my God Mother she was little
bit over 80 when she sent it to me her last.
Take care all
Old 01-31-2015, 07:14 PM
Nine Year Member

Sykpe And Friends

I love talking to friends in another state that I have not seen for a long time on Skype. While talking tonight another friend called on the telephone that we both knew. They were able to communicate and say hello. Both had serious health problems to talk about. Each had something worse than the other. Getting old is no fun.