Friendship - Page 2 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Friends Friends can be the lifesaving voice on the end of the phoneline, or in many cases, the end of the keyboard.

Old 08-13-2004, 06:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

This is a tough subject for me.. I'm one of those people who "never calls" anymore... I hardly ever call anybody. I like e-mail. I actually feel anxious on the phone. If it rings I'll deal with it, If I meet you in person, I can handle the small talk ..I can be "on".. But to actually make the call.. it's too hard.

I know it sounds totally nuts.. that's because it is ..

Why is it I can talk to strangers in line at the supermarket.. But picking up the phone to call a friend or family member is too anxiety producing?... Go figure...

And to try to admit this to anyone...fugedaboudit!

They'd laugh mento next week or belittle me to where I couldn't bear it..

Anyway..lately especially I have been isolating myself from my friends..

I had gone through such a bad time emotionally.. I couldn't "be there" for them..

And I realized that several of my friends were very needy people. Even in my crisis, they expected me to meet their needs for time and attention and I couldn't do it.

I realized I need new friends ... If I am going to find healthy relationships for myself.

I'm feeling lonely. Wether with these people, or without them. It sucks frankly...

Oh well sorry to ramble, but this thread hit a nerve.

I guess my friends would feel they had been doing all the work too... I just wans't able to reiprocate for a variety of reasons..

so here is some insight into the "bad guy" end of the equation.. Interesting isn't it? LOLOL
Old 08-13-2004, 06:48 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Val, I totally understand what you mean about not being able to just pick up the phone and call someone to keep in touch... I just can't do it. I love it when they call, and emailing is not so bad... but I dunno, I just feel your pain! I also know what you mean about feeling crummy, when you feel down, you just can't wuite make the effort to keep in touch, unfortunately that't when you really need it. And then I find that the longer I wait the harder it gets to do it. GO figure! There should be a support group!

~*It's okay to fall down...it's just not okay to lie there!*~

Old 08-13-2004, 08:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Well Tasha.. I think this is it.. and I appreciate it.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:03 PM
Nine Year Member

I totally know what you mean about not picking up the phone to call anyone. I mostly feel like I'll be bothering someone when I call. I'll take calls-although no one calls me at home mostly, I just don't like to bother people by calling myself, so I'd rather send emails that everyone can read when they get the chance. I don't really even like to 'chat' online-I don't feel like I have much to say in real time, that's why emails are so nice.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:03 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Okey doke! Do we have tissues under our chairs and day old coffee on the warmer?

Old 08-13-2004, 08:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

We sure are up late!! LOL.. Maybe THAT"S why we don't call anyone!! LOLOL!!!
Old 08-13-2004, 08:16 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Ironically, I JUST got off the phone with a friend... for some reason I never feel like it is an inconvenience to her for me to call, she always seems so happy to hear from me, but she is also the kind of girl who can just wander into the bathroom and do her business while on the phone. While I personally would rather DIE than do that, I don't really mind when she does because she is such a wonderful friend that it is worth her eccentricities! Tell ya what, though, I do need to get off the computer, I am fried! I am so exhausted that I could keel over onto the keyboard and you all would wonder what the heck I was typing "kjdfoiufihnejnjdfufjfhjknfmdsdddddkklsdfklasj dk" for pages and pages for!

Old 08-28-2004, 10:17 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

So I just found out that a very dear friend of mine is moving to Wisconsin... which is many, many states away from where I live! I just wanna sit down and bawl right now thinking about it! I feel like a huge chunk of who I am will disappear right along with her! Plus, she has to be there in just a few days, so there is really no time to spend with her. I feel like a big selfish baby, but I am really hurting over this!

Old 08-29-2004, 04:18 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oh Tasha (((( Huggs)))) Don't feel bad about feeling bad!!

I know how hard it is.. telephone and e-mail are not the same as a lunch date..

It's ok to with us
Old 08-29-2004, 05:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by tashablueyes
I just wanna sit down and bawl right now thinking about it! Plus, she has to be there in just a few days, so there is really no time to spend with her.
If you feel like , then let it all out!!

Why don't you go help her pack and do the things she needs to do in order to move. You'll be helping her and it's a way to spend some last moments together.

No matter what you do, it is not going to be easy for you. Just don't shut yourself off from her until she leaves....you'll regret it later.

We're always here if you need to vent or a shoulder to on!

((((H U G S))))