Emergency Food Meal Planning

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • So, I am allergic to gluten and my wife is allergic to eggs, dairy, and beef. We want to get about 6 months of freeze dried food, but we're having a hard time finding stuff that we can actually eat. Does anyone have any recomended websites or businesses to look into for this. We're canning our own foods right now, but it would be nice to have some supply that lasts a very long time and doesn't take up as much space as jars.
  • Good evening al!!

Pat, if you google "dried foods" you are going to come across many companies that fit the bill. You can also get a food dehydrator and dry many fruits and veggies yourself. Making jerky or canning meats (use the Ball canning instructions from their web site) will give you some more additions to your pantry.

Take care all!! Norma
  • Quote: Good evening al!!

Pat, if you google "dried foods" you are going to come across many companies that fit the bill. You can also get a food dehydrator and dry many fruits and veggies yourself. Making jerky or canning meats (use the Ball canning instructions from their web site) will give you some more additions to your pantry.

Take care all!! Norma
    Thanks! We're doing some canning of our own, but we don't have a dehydrator yet. That would probably be a good investment, and the food keeps for quite awhile, I believe.
  • Good morning all!!

Pat, you can pick up a used dehydrator at the thrift stores for practically a song. You don't need anything fancy to get started.

Norma
  • RECALL: Bumble Bee, Chicken of the Sea pull thousands of possibly contaminated tuna fish | News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KUTV

Roberta
  • There are 5 open contests going on now https://www.familycorner.com/forums/contests-prizes/

Roberta