Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Food > Planning Ahead > Food Safety: Keeping Food Fresh

Food Safety: Keeping Food Fresh Ideas relating to canning all types of foods, can also cover freezing for preservation, long term storage, avoiding spoilage and other safety concerns.

Old 11-01-2002, 04:29 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Good morning Anna ~ We're in the process of putting an addition on the house. Of course this was supposed to take place in August. But you know contractors! So far all they have accomplished is digging the hole and pouring the footing. They still need to pour the walls and the floor before they can even start building. When they actually get done, I will have a bigger kitchen. Of course it will probably (sp) be another 6-12 months before the inside is done. Cost is everything ~ Can't afford to finish the inside at this point. But when I do, I'll actually have cabinets to put all my little goodies.

Just wanted to let you know that I found a couple of vaccum sealers on e-bay. You'll never beleave the price/bids on some of them. $1.00-1.25 to good to be true? I've never used e-bay. Is it easy? I'm a scarty (sp) cat .

Have to go, have one running around naked and the other throwing his cherios everywhere. Have a nice day

;-) Tammy
Old 11-01-2002, 05:09 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

e-bay

I have never used ebay either, I've cruised around in there but like you I'm a little afraid of giving anyone my credit card numbers although I have used Amacon.com several times with no problem also one of the music stores, can't remember their name. there is one thread on here somewhere about work at home mom's I think and the ladies talk alot about selling clothes,etc. on ebay and extoling the virtues of Paypal. I no longer carry regular credit cards just a visa debit card and I don't think they are insured like a regular credit card, I might feel safer if I had security on it about using it on the internet. 1.25 for a vacuum sealer is totally unbelievable, I think I would want to know what brand it is and check the manufacturer on the internet to see how old it is, I know there used to be some really old ones I have seen at the thrift stores with coloring from the 70's. But for $1.25 plus shipping it's worth a try-I think some of the people on there are willing to accept checks or money orders? If it doesn't work, you could always do what I do, put it in the yard sale. Take care.

Anna