Freezer Jams

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Here's one that uses on hand ingredients!

Fresh Blackberry Jam

3 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
    1/3 cup sugar
    1/4 cup sorghum or molasses
    3 tbsp. blackberry brandy or orange juice
    1/4 cup orange juice
    3 tbsp cornstarch

In a large suacepan combine blackberries,sugar, sorghum and brandy. Bring to a boiling; reduce heat. cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. In bowl stir together juice and cornstarch. Add to berry mixture in saucepan. Cookand stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook; stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Cover and chill up to 2 weeks.

enjoy
  • As a diabetic I use the Sure-Gel lower sugar pectin and make sugr free jams using Splenda. I know some of you consider Splenda a type of poison but I LOVE it and am not interested it getting the link to Dr. M. LOL

I use only 1/2pint jars as it does not keep like a sugred jam.
    Tastes like fresh fruit and is much less expensive than store bought as we have our own strawberries,raspberries and thornless blackberries.

I love all aspects of canning and done it for many years. Now I just make jams, jellies, chutneys, vinegars..they all make excellent gifts nd are fun to do!

Linda
  • Oh my goodness...I checked this thread several times and just now found everybody's responses...thank you soo much!!

I will go thru and check out the links. I am soo excited that there is so much info about freezer jams

kellydid...it looks like you have posted your recipes...I'll check them out...

catlover...I will copy your recipes...Thank you soo much!! The peach jam will be perfect right now...got a bunch of fresh peaches!!

Lindalou....thanks for the link and the info

Lifestar...I'll be checking your link also. Wow..

lautton2002...I don't believe that we have met...So....Hi!!

Elaine