FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Fathers Day (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/fathers-day/)
-   -   Father's Day Plans? (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/fathers-day/27556-fathers-day-plans.html)

happymomof4 06-05-2010 06:33 AM

Father's Day Plans?

What do you have planned this year for Father's Day?

I am trying to come up with some new and non expensive ways to celebrate Father's Day with my husband.

happymomof4 06-13-2010 04:43 AM

Dh want to go to a picnic at the 1 Veterans Club. So we will do that on Father's Day.

kathymac 06-14-2010 04:50 PM

Our plans are up in the air right now as both dds have to work on Sunday. DH really enjoys going out to eat so we'll probably go to Chili's with a gift card we recently received.

FamilyFun 06-03-2011 02:51 PM

For Father's Day this year, I think we are going to have a nice brunch and follow it by a short hike with the kiddos. My husband really likes the outdoors and I think finally the kids are old enough for an easy trek in the woods.

In terms of Father's Day gifts, the "kids" are getting him fishing gear and a book (very exiting, I know!). I'm also going through Shutterfly to make a personalized Father's Day cards for my husband as well as my father. An inexpensive way to put a unique touch on gift giving and always a hit.

trekmom 05-31-2013 03:41 PM

well, we've already taken the guys to Red Lobster for their dinner; but we'll probably fix something they like at home.. if dd and sil don't go to our cousin's house for the day. Right now I'm thinking of some sort of cake to make.. told dd that we need to make a cake for Father's Day, not just a boxed cake.. but really decorate it for Father's Day, instead of buying one. I'm going to try and make it a 5 or 6 layer cake as well. I might even consider making a cake to take to my brother.. although he'll probably not be home.
Dad passed last year, a couple of days after Father's Day and I always tried to make his favorite cake.. a Tameo Cake (which is a brown sugar frosting on yellow cake). I may make it this year as well.
A thought I just had, if we have the cash in a couple of weeks, I might go with dh to tour the Battleship North Carolina. I know for it to be a true Father's Day celebration the girls should really go with their Dad.. but everyone will be busy with their kids, so maybe Jim and I will go alone. He's been wanting to go again.. and they've opened up a lot more areas to be explored so it will probably be a lot of fun.. I haven't been on the ship since I was about 10 yr old.
take care all,
Pam

cat lover 06-17-2015 03:05 AM

bump

danstigerangel 06-17-2015 03:14 AM

My mom and dad are coming over and we are going to have a cookout. Lots of picnic food.

trekmom 06-17-2015 06:36 PM

I'll be working, don't know if dd is planning anything, probably not.. unless they have our cousins family over and barbecue

RobertaD 06-17-2015 07:34 PM

DH is getting a gift wrapped box of Twinkies. He won't even know it is Father's Day until he gets his gift.

Roberta

cat lover 06-17-2015 08:30 PM

Wasn't planning anything, but then oldest DS called and asked if it was okay to come up Sunday so looks like I'm cooking!